Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 12:58:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Work for a lifetime  (Read 353 times)
freedom33

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: September 11, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »

I have realised today that the relationship with my ex was the single most important thing that has happened to me. It has broken me in million pieces. I have suffered beyond my wildest imagination. I had two breakdowns and suffered from C-PTSD for a few months last year. This rs has also torned down the edifices I was building all these years - dreams laid on false foundations. In hindsight and I am only one month NC I can say that it has been a truly remarkable journey of discovery self and other.

I feel that I have learned in just one year what I have not found out over more than 30 years about relationships, myself and people in general. I was quite a brute before I met my ex - she certainly refined me through a baptism by fire. I know that my life has been already enriched and there's just so much material now for me work with over the years. And in some ways I am coming out a better man from it. The lord works in mysterious way. I do love her and I wish her well and peace.
Blimblam

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 09:58:37 PM »

I have my experience with my ex to be the most profound experience of my life as well.  More insightful than any lsd or mushroom trip. One thing I have experienced is as I work through inner core issues my ego will rise back up the surface only to sink back down into the muck to work through more core wounds.
Moselle

Relationship status: Divorced

Every day is a gift. Live it fully

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:13:00 AM »

I have realised today that the relationship with my ex was the single most important thing that has happened to me. It has broken me in million pieces. I have suffered beyond my wildest imagination.

Thanks freedom. This is something I feel as well. I'm separated after 14 years of marriage. I read somewhere that we select a spouse similar to the parent, with whom we have the most unfinished business. In other words, we missed a developmental stage in our childhood, and we marry someone with whom we are trying to learn it...

Whether I can recover and still be married to her, is a question I'm battling with

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest