Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I ever get the trust back from my ex BPD  (Read 872 times)
hope2727

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »

Excerpt
You should not have to read books and articles and join support groups in order to learn how to "communicate" with your partner.  No relationship should be that hard.  This is classic codependency, my friend -taking responsibility for her problems, being her rescuer.  Naturally, this is why you feel like it is all your fault.  She gets to be anything she wants, but you have to be Mr. Hero who is expected to carry the consequences for her behavior and find a way to deal with it.  That is not healthy. 

So well said. Thank you thank you thank you.

Excerpt
I would just like to add, that while sometimes we may lose their trust. Most of the time, they lose our trust. I trusted my ex as much as I could personally trust someone. I wasn't jealous, she could go out if she wanted to, and I never really checked up on her. And in the end, for as much as I trusted her, she cheated, lied, and kicked me to the curb. I think a lot of the time, if a pwBPD never recycles, it's because they know that they can never regain the trust of the person that they abused and their shame kicks in. If my ex knows that I'll never be able to trust her again, why would she ever come back to me and put herself in the situation to relive her shame on a daily basis. Out of sight, out of mind. These people may be disordered, but they definitely aren't stupid.

Wow that sums it up so amazingly.
Splitblack4good

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 12:49:47 AM »

I would just like to add, that while sometimes we may lose their trust. Most of the time, they lose our trust. I trusted my ex as much as I could personally trust someone. I wasn't jealous, she could go out if she wanted to, and I never really checked up on her. And in the end, for as much as I trusted her, she cheated, lied, and kicked me to the curb. I think a lot of the time, if a pwBPD never recycles, it's because they know that they can never regain the trust of the person that they abused and their shame kicks in. If my ex knows that I'll never be able to trust her again, why would she ever come back to me and put herself in the situation to relive her shame on a daily basis. Out of sight, out of mind. These people may be disordered, but they definitely aren't stupid.

thats a very valid point that said tho when my ex went of the rails and into deep depression after abusing drugs for 3 months straight and everyone involved left to save ther sanity and ther health coz she was so scared of being on her own forcing drugs on her freinds we got back together and Yer she was fine until I mentioned it once not on purpose tho it was related to something else in a conversation the shame look on her face ! And said please can we just forget about that and don't bring it up again ! They do have major shame issues
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest