Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 10:17:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Following Suggestions  (Read 360 times)
mtbooke

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: every relationship in my life

« on: December 09, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »

I intend to learn from others who have what I want.

I read Recovering From a Relationship Breakup

Summary:

Detach I have ended all communications. I am participating in Al-Anon, I am reaching out to others, I pray for the obsession to be removed. I visualize and vocalize releasing my attachments to BPD women and being released from their attachments to me.

grieve I allow myself to cry, to hurt, to feel whatever I need to feel to heal. I am willing to go through the stages of grief.

post mortem, It is important to me that as I examine the past that I focus on my part.

process abandonment anxiety, WOW I have been clean and sober for many years, but I am romanticizing being high on whatever in order to get out of this anxiety and pain.

betrayal traumaCORE ISSUE! Betrayal and abandonment are incapacitating to me. So why have I have so often chosen to attempt relationships with women who can not bond emotionally and stably?

divorce recovery After 28 years of marriage where I did not trust my wife completely I told her that I had reached a place of complete trust in her because she had always been there for me. Two weeks later she left me for a woman without even saying goodbye. After 4 days she came back and said she had made a huge mistake and ask for forgiveness. We did therapy. I told her that the abandonment and betrayal had almost killed me and that I could not immediate return to complete trust. She made amends every day of two years. On an anniversary morning I asked her if she wanted to do anything special and she replied "Yes, file for divorce."

(to be continued)
Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:23:33 PM »

It sounds like your ready to dig in and do the work. My advice is to stay away from booze and drugs.

You had a long history with your ex with broken trust and abandonment issues. She was invalidating with her words to file for divorce out of the blue.

Are you seeing a T aside from AL-Anon? What's your support network like with family and friends?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest