Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 08:48:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get them back.  (Read 1959 times)
Rickybee

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2016, 03:05:29 AM »

Great post... I agree that the only way to get them to want yo back or miss you or think of you is to completely ignore them... completely NC... .it gets to them... not that you would want BPD ex to start painting you white or try to contact you ever... .if your BPD was anything like mine you serously don't need it in your life
duncsvoice

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2016, 03:26:35 AM »

A few months ago I would have read this thread looking for tips on how to win her back, but now the idea of being with her I find utterly terrifying.

Why would I want more physical scars where I wrestled a knife out of her hand when she was trying to cut herself because I went for a run? Why would I want back the person who, on my 30th birthday, screamed at me wishing that if I had a daughter, she hoped she be raped? Why would I want to have to choose her over my family and friends, just to stop her from raging on me for talking to them? To have have to sever my relationship with my best friend and his girlfriend (which I'm thankfully rebuilding)? To be emasculated, frequently?

I saw her the other day, and my word, I miss her like nothing else. But, she replaced me within a couple of weeks. I realised my 'recovery' has only really been a couple of months (since I left our old flat), but since then I've rebuilt friendships, gained new ones, I've had the time to focus on my own business, lost weight and have rebuilt my social life.

So when I think about, why would I want someone back who to me has been the very antithesis of being happy?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest