Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:33:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woke up to police and DCF banging on my door  (Read 347 times)
sun seeker

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 11, 2015, 10:43:06 AM »

Hey all.

What a freakin morning.

A little back story. I have been taking care of my elderly father For ten years... .Hes 91 deaf blind, and In a wheel chair obviously now is getting dementia.  and actually my dexBPDgf used to help out with him on our weekend time. my father decided while i was at work to take his hover round scooter to HOME DEPOT. He got lost ended up 25 miles away the police found him and brought him to the hospital. HE was ok not a scratch just an elevated heart rate. Apparently he told the docters after they asked him if  he knew was he was in the hospital. My FATHER said he was in the hospital because I hit him in the head with a CROWBAR and I was POISONING  his food.

I am being woke up by the police at 8 am and beeing told what i a m being accused of.HOLY SH*T! They talked us separately and obviously there was NO ABUSE. After all said and done the cop said they knew before hand that there was no abuse but by law the have to investigate. WHY THE HELL DIDNT THEY TELL ME THIS RIGHT OFF RIP.

im still shakin up ... .well atleast it took my mind of my bpex.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) FML

This wasnt BPD realated just need to share to help get past this. Thank you all.
Heldfast

Relationship status: abandoned December 22, 2014

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »

wow, that must have been a hell of a wakeup call... .at least thank the police for their efforts, and you won't need coffee this morning.

"Chaos is not a pit. Chaos is a ladder." - Lord Petyr Baelish
hope2727

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 10:53:36 AM »

Oh wow I am so sorry. I took care of my elderly parent up until recently. (I just had to quit and take care of myself for awhile.) If it is any comfort at all I live in fear of those moments. My sibling has my parent now. My siblings were totally unhelpful over the years and accused me of various forms of abuse. All unfounded of course. Parental care is exhausting and thankless.

Just so you don't think you are alone. Someone I met once told me they woke up to the police over their bed with flashlights in the middle of the night. Their parent woke up, called police and told them she has intruders in her home, then left the house to wait for the police to arrive. She insisted that her sleeping family were intruders in her home. It was settled but they were unable to continue caring for her at home.

Thank you for taking such good care of your father. I wish I had the strength to continue caring for mine. I am sure in the part of their minds that remains intact they are grateful.  
sun seeker

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:14:16 PM »

Thanks hope and heldfast for your kind words and hugs. . The people on this board are awesome , proven time and time again.

Im getting to the same point as you Hope. Taking care of him is getting to much.  But im going to let the docters decide when its time for home care not to be an option. He wont give power of attorney so the state has to build a case to get him into assisted living.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Thanks again my friends.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest