Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 31, 2024, 08:38:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: consequence of telling them  (Read 1251 times)
dobie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 19, 2015, 04:20:58 AM »

Since my xpwBPD traits left I've been nothing but nice overall however its gnawing in my gut she never got to hear the consequences of her behaviours and to be taken to task for her appalling behaviours

I'm tempted to fire her an email with facts about how she behaves and what she did

She can't Stand to be disliked or thought of as a "bad person" apart from making me feeling better for standing up for myself what would be the consequence in her mind and overall ?
Blimblam

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 04:29:41 AM »

There's a good chance she just might block you like she did on the phone.  Your can't act with her was "needy," and probably showed you in a very poor light.  She may find it flattering Ina sence you still pine for her but there is a strong chance as pathetic as well.  When you act out of a place of need with a pwBPD they may find it engulfing.

How would sending te email make you feel?

Do you think it would give you closure?

What is it your looking for?

Are you hoping this is the letter that gets through to her? Or is it to finally let out what you've been holding back?

Whenever I contacted my ex out of compulsion there was no response I found satisfying unless she was to own up to what she did and seek forgiveness but it just was never going to happen. 
dobie

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 04:50:12 AM »

There's a good chance she just might block you like she did on the phone.  Your can't act with her was "needy," and probably showed you in a very poor light.  She may find it flattering Ina sence you still pine for her but there is a strong chance as pathetic as well.  When you act out of a place of need with a pwBPD they may find it engulfing.

Are you hoping this is the letter that gets through to her? Or is it to finally let out what you've been holding back?

Whenever I contacted my ex out of compulsion there was no response I found satisfying unless she was to own up to what she did and seek forgiveness but it just was never going to happen.  

I want my self respect back I want to hurt her I don't care if she replies your right she is a bully she only respects other bullies like her dad

I know she is afraid of me as well and I don't want the witch to get a pass

I've given her amole time to show remorse or compassion she won't

She already feels like a victim in a way it will justify her actions but it will also enrage her and like I said she can't bare the idea people hate or don't like her it will also give her anxiety good
FannyB

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 04:55:14 AM »

If you want to p**s her off and guarantee NC, then go right ahead. If you want her to learn from her behaviours and ultimately be your 'friend' or re-engage then you'll need a different tactic.
dobie

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 04:55:53 AM »

If you want to p**s her off and guarantee NC, then go right ahead. If you want her to learn from her behaviours and ultimately be your 'friend' or re-engage then you'll need a different tactic.

I think I want both she won't learn though and I doubt she will reengage she never has with any x part from on FB when they added her
mitatsu

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 05:19:58 AM »

You can lead a horse to water... .

dobie your self respect is self given mate... .chalk it up grow yourself and have pity for the shell of a ex you left behind... .you dont have to live in her head and thats a blessing

antelope

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 05:29:09 AM »

the worst thing for a BPD is to be ignored... .to become invisible

they THRIVE on attention, positive or negative

no contact of any kind + stoic indifference if you should run into her = BPD kryptonite
dobie

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 07:34:00 AM »

the worst thing for a BPD is to be ignored... .to become invisible

they THRIVE on attention, positive or negative

no contact of any kind + stoic indifference if you should run into her = BPD kryptonite

that's exactly what she wants me to ignore her so she can completely forget me

she cant stand to be disliked that's her kryptonite
newtothis28

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 07:59:53 AM »

Dobie, how long were you and your ex together?
ShadowIntheNight

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 08:35:22 AM »

There's a good chance she just might block you like she did on the phone.  Your can't act with her was "needy," and probably showed you in a very poor light.  She may find it flattering Ina sence you still pine for her but there is a strong chance as pathetic as well.  When you act out of a place of need with a pwBPD they may find it engulfing.

I want my self respect back I want to hurt her I don't care if she replies your right she is a bully she only respects other bullies like her dad

I know she is afraid of me as well and I don't want the witch to get a pass

I've given her amole time to show remorse or compassion she won't

She already feels like a victim in a way it will justify her actions but it will also enrage her and like I said she can't bare the idea people hate or don't like her it will also give her anxiety good

Dobie, sending an email won't give you your self-respect back. Nothing she does will do that. You say she is a bully, but then turn around and say she is afraid of you. Sending her an email telling her off AFTER she has asked you to leave her alone is you bullying her. And you cannot make a person feel remorse or compassion.

Further, you have absolutely no way of knowing how she will respond. But I can tell you this, as soon as you send it, you're going to be on these boards telling us how you shouldn't have done it and how badly you feel and you should send her a note apologizing that you didn't mean it. And frankly, that will make you look like a crackpot.

If you have a conscience, it will bother you to send an email like the one you are describing. And your conscience will get the best of you.

Your ex has asked you to leave her alone for now. Continuing to try to engage her by getting even with your words or asking her why, why, why are going to create a situation for her that fells like you are harassing her. And she could file a restraining order. You can't get someone to do what you want just because you think it should be different.

I know all the things you say she's said to you. At this time, it appears she doesn't want you to bother her. You need to respect that regardless. Even if she has said or done things differently in the past, you can't control her. And it sounds like if you persist, she could call the police on you. No woman wants a boyfriend who appears to stalk them, and your actions toward her, should they continue will only serve to drive her further from you and make you feel worse than you do now. With the added bonus of a restraining order.

There is a a saying: "revenge is a dish best served cold." What that means is that if you wait to exact revenge when you are in a calm place (hence the cold, as opposed to white hot from anger), you will find that you don't need revenge.

cosmonaut

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 08:35:43 AM »

Dobie, I know you want so much to contact her, and I really do feel you, man.  But you really must try and understand that you are not able to help her right now.  You are only going to make things worse by contacting her.  This is because you are a trigger, and she can't deal with the emotional fallout of hearing from you.  This is not your fault in any way, dobie, and I am so sorry that this is happening to you.  Truly.  But you must realize that this is the case.  The more you contact her, the more you are going to push her away and the more likely she will split you black in order to cope with her pain.  I know this sucks, man.  And I know it hurts.   :'(

It is also not recommended that we tell someone that they have BPD, and one of the major reasons for this is that pwBPD already have profound shame about themselves.  Often, they are not able to process what we are saying as helpful and encouraging and will interpret it as further invalidation and shame.  There is a good article on the site about that.  The best thing that we can do is to try and help steer them into therapy where a trained professional can help them to learn more about themselves.  But we can't even do that when our exes are triggered and we are the trigger... .

Edit:  Reading further, it sounds like you might want revenge more than helping.  Let's explore that.  Why do you want revenge?  Why do you feel like you feel like you have lost your self respect?
Copperfox

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »

Telling her those things plays right into the disorder. BPD IS a persecution complex. She expects to be punished.

I think member 2010 said it best, Why not to write a blame letter:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=123984.msg1221875#msg1221875
cosmonaut

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 08:53:11 AM »

Telling her those things plays right into the disorder. BPD IS a persecution complex. She expects to be punished.

I think member 2010 said it best, Why not to write a blame letter:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=123984.msg1221875#msg1221875

Dobie, read this.  Excellent advice, Copperfox.
dobie

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »

Newtothis : it would be seven years this month

Cosmo :

because she used me for a year (admitted it)

because she trashed my bday

because she left me in debt

because she lied and cheated

because she showed no remorse

because she admitted to distancing herself from my loving family for a year

because she told me she does not need me

because she devalued me

because she took and never hardly gave

because she withheld sex

because all she ever cared about after leaving was her and how much money she had spent on us

because all she did was accuse me of caring about money (projection)

because she dragged me to wedding venues knowing it was not to happen

because she made me give up the hobby i loved

because she always set me up to fail 

could go on ... .

why do i feel like i lost myself respect?

because i pandered to her , because i made umpteen excuses because i bent over backwards to be supportive and make her happy because after all she did i emailed her to tel her i adore her love her and forgive her and she blanked it

because she deserves nothing but  contempt and disdain
AwakenedOne

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 10:55:50 AM »

I don't want the witch to get a pass

Beware of the witch my friend. You are stuck in Oz with her. Your true home though is back in Kansas with Toto. Toto is the one who will always love you. Click the heels of your ruby red slippers... . um... . (red work boots) together three times and say "There's no place like home".

There's no place like home... .There's no place like home... .There's no place like home... . 

myself

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 11:42:23 AM »

I want my self respect back I want to hurt her

Hurting her wouldn't make you respect yourself more, would it?

Becoming a bully wouldn't be being who you really are, would it?

Continuing to hang on to this isn't helping you let go, is it?

What are some of the healthier ways you can process this?
dobie

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »

I'd feel better knowing she feels crap tbh

I don't think its fair someone can just behave like that and get a pass remember I'm not a 100%  sure she has BPD she could just be a selfish immature user with anxious paranoia and low mood etc hence not mentally I'll aware of her actions and the ramifications on others
ShadowIntheNight

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 12:14:28 PM »

I'd feel better knowing she feels crap tbh

I don't think its fair someone can just behave like that and get a pass remember I'm not a 100%  sure she has BPD she could just be a selfish immature user with anxious paranoia and low mood etc hence not mentally I'll aware of her actions and the ramifications on others

Even if you send her an email telling her all these things, you have no idea or guarantee how she will feel. Plus, as I said earlier, YOU will have the added benefit of feeling badly about yourself. Since you don't have an emotional disorder, but a conscience, initially you may feel better, but in the long run YOU will be the one feeling like crap. Trust me in this. I told off my ex, was fine for a few days and then it killed me that I behaved in a way totally uncharacteristic of me and my values. The guilt was overwhelming. Think you won't feel that way? You will. And then you're going to want to engage her again to apologize, ad infintum.

She is finished. Even if you tell her off, she is still going to be finished. That will not change. And she is choosing not to engage you anymore. If you persist you are only creating bad outcomes for yourself. I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't want you to hurt yourself any more than you've already been hurt.
antelope

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 02:01:01 PM »

after all she did i emailed her to tel her i adore her love her and forgive her and she blanked it

in reality, this is the crux of the issue^^

why did you email her and tell her this?  as you said, why did you pander and make excuses for her?

she showed you MANY MANY times she was a dangerous, poisonous, cobra, and she bit you MANY MANY times... .

... .and yet, you kept reaching back into the cage to attempt to handle this evil viper... .why?

what you may find is the 'contempt and disdain' is actually what you feel towards yourself, however hard that may be to admit... .

you stayed... .over and over and over and over again... .figure out exactly why you did, and watch all of the feelings towards her (love, hate, revenge, longing, etc) begin to disappear... .forever!   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Blimblam

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »

So doobie you have identified your anger this is good.

That you need you ex to access what's behind the veil to feel those good parts of yourself is the illusion.  Like in the matrix, "there is no soon."   Our own narcissm fools us into wanting to contact our ex to split our painful emotions into an, "other." To be able to begone with the pain but it's in that pain that those wonderful parts of yourself you felt through your ex lay like lost treasure within you. 

That person you are upset with isn't even Her it's the parts of your own self that are overwhelmingly painfull to acess. 

THERE IS NO SPOON

Lean into the pain!
cosmonaut

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 03:05:15 PM »

It certainly sounds like you have a lot to be justifiably angry about, dobie.  How do you think that getting revenge on her will resolve that anger?  Will it undo the hurt that has been caused?  Is there a better way to address that hurt directly?  At its source?

It sounds like you have some anger at yourself too - that you feel like you allowed yourself to be used.  Could it be that you simply loved someone that was sick?  That you didn't actually do anything wrong?  That this isn't your fault?
dobie

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »

It certainly sounds like you have a lot to be justifiably angry about, dobie.  How do you think that getting revenge on her will resolve that anger?  Will it undo the hurt that has been caused?  Is there a better way to address that hurt directly?  At its source?

It sounds like you have some anger at yourself too - that you feel like you allowed yourself to be used.  Could it be that you simply loved someone that was sick?  That you didn't actually do anything wrong?  That this isn't your fault?

Justice Cosmo . I don't know how to address the hurts there's so much

Yes I do have anger at myself for seeing the signs from day one and ignoring it thinking I was immune from her wiles .

I don't know if she is sick or just evil Cosmo that's what's tearing me in two compassion versus revenge

dobie

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 05:25:06 PM »

That you need you ex to access what's behind the veil to feel those good parts of yourself is the illusion.  Like in the matrix, "there is no soon."   Our own narcissm fools us into wanting to contact our ex to split our painful emotions into an, "other." To be able to begone with the pain but it's in that pain that those wonderful parts of yourself you felt through your ex lay like lost treasure within you. 

That person you are upset with isn't even Her it's the parts of your own self that are overwhelmingly painfull to acess. 

THERE IS NO SPOON

Lean into the pain!

How ? 
dobie

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 05:26:54 PM »

after all she did i emailed her to tel her i adore her love her and forgive her and she blanked it

in reality, this is the crux of the issue^^

why did you email her and tell her this?  as you said, why did you pander and make excuses for her?

she showed you MANY MANY times she was a dangerous, poisonous, cobra, and she bit you MANY MANY times... .

... .and yet, you kept reaching back into the cage to attempt to handle this evil viper... .why?

what you may find is the 'contempt and disdain' is actually what you feel towards yourself, however hard that may be to admit... .

you stayed... .over and over and over and over again... .figure out exactly why you did, and watch all of the feelings towards her (love, hate, revenge, longing, etc) begin to disappear... .forever!   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

I don't know I don't know why I need the love of this selfish woman I need her to make me feel I'm worth something I guess that her love was real that I am what she adored that I am lovable   :'(
cosmonaut

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 05:35:24 PM »

Yes I do have anger at myself for seeing the signs from day one and ignoring it thinking I was immune from her wiles .

I don't know if she is sick or just evil Cosmo that's what's tearing me in two compassion versus revenge

I understand.  You have indeed had real injustice done to you.  It's natural to want to have that righted in some way.  Can you understand that she is not doing this distancing to hurt you?  This is her attempting to save herself in a very disordered way.  Yes, she is not considering you feelings, but she is not seeking to ruin you.  I honestly don't believe that is her intent.  She is so overwhelmed with emotion right now, that she can't handle the thought of you, let alone seeing or talking to you.  She is shutting down, because she hurts and because she feels ashamed.

It's also so, so important to realize, dobie, that this is not your fault.  You did not cause this breakdown in the relationship.  Sure, maybe you didn't head the red flags, but that's true of ALL of us here.  The honeymoon, idealization phase of the relationship is an incredible experience - probably the highlight of my life, to be honest.  Maybe it was for you too.  Member 2010 had some really good insights for you in your other thread.  What do you think about your feelings of being "returned to the same"?  Another post of 2010's that really spoke to me, says in part:

The way out of this is to understand your own reasons for having this drama in your life. If you've been raised by a Narcissist, you probably have never had your voice heard. Finding a person without a self, who is clinging and needy may have allowed you to finally be reflected in such a way that you felt heard-perhaps for the first time in your life. Now, with the silent treatment, your voice is gone and this is devastating to you. This is what you need to work on in therapy.

Does that speak to you?  Did you feel like you had your voice heard for the first time?  Losing that is extremely hard.  I know that I have felt that way, and I am sure that has contributed to how hard this loss has been.
dobie

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 01:38:45 AM »

I understand.  You have indeed had real injustice done to you.  It's natural to want to have that righted in some way.  Can you understand that she is not doing this distancing to hurt you?  This is her attempting to save herself in a very disordered way.  Yes, she is not considering you feelings, but she is not seeking to ruin you.  I honestly don't believe that is her intent.  She is so overwhelmed with emotion right now, that she can't handle the thought of you, let alone seeing or talking to you.  She is shutting down, because she hurts and because she feels ashamed.

It's also so, so important to realize, dobie, that this is not your fault.  You did not cause this breakdown in the relationship.  Sure, maybe you didn't head the red flags, but that's true of ALL of us here.  The honeymoon, idealization phase of the relationship is an incredible experience - probably the highlight of my life, to be honest.  Maybe it was for you too.  Member 2010 had some really good insights for you in your other thread.  What do you think about your feelings of being "returned to the same"?  Another post of 2010's that really spoke to me, says in part:

The way out of this is to understand your own reasons for having this drama in your life. If you've been raised by a Narcissist, you probably have never had your voice heard. Finding a person without a self, who is clinging and needy may have allowed you to finally be reflected in such a way that you felt heard-perhaps for the first time in your life. Now, with the silent treatment, your voice is gone and this is devastating to you. This is what you need to work on in therapy.

Does that speak to you?  :)id you feel like you had your voice heard for the first time?  Losing that is extremely hard.  I know that I have felt that way, and I am sure that has contributed to how hard this loss has been.

I did feel like I was heard and understood and really appreciated for the first time yes Cosmo members 2010 post was very insightful

I was raised by an emotionaly distant mother( not a NARC think more autistic)

I understand her distancing or the mechanics behind it but where does one draw the line Cosmo ? She had been PURPOSEFULLY doing this for a year building her case against me , testing me without my knowledge increasing her paranoia by triangulating with her father . blaming me for her sadness

That smacks of planning , foresight , cunning and user like nature not the rapid and sudden BU and diapering act that other members have had to suffer which implies real mental illness .

Put it like this if she had no friends and her family shunned her I can guarantee 100% she would never had left or would be back .

She knows I love her she knows my nature is to forgive but she does not want my forgiveness in her mind she has done no or little wrong

Yes I feel like I was close to getting everything the girl the kids the life and now I'm back to square one with depression therapy so yes back to the same but now I'm 38 instead of 30-31

Blimblam

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 01:52:21 AM »

THERE IS NO SPOON

Lean into the pain!

How ? 

Honestly lean into the pain it will lead you inward. 

Some practices like mindfulness can help you to find comfort within the discomfort but it is in those uncomfortable parts of ourself that the answers dwel.  Not me or anyone can really do it for you their is no magic pill or clear cut set of rules.  Just feel the pain and don't attach a story to it let observe the thoughts and ruminations come and go. 

If you insist on making it about your ex, which I did also for a while understand the disorder put in the effort and read the clinical stuff. 

But really for myself understanding splitting has been life changing! 
downwhim

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »

Dobie,

I feel your pain. I wrote a 3 page letter 2 days ago. I could not sleep. It has been beautiful out and I miss him. I wanted to let him know how much he hurt me and to let him know I knew about the cheating. I wanted to tell him that we were done and that the timeshare we own I want to buy him out of. Actually, the business letter was one page and then the personal one was 3 pages.

I am not looking for a response. I know he will read it with his chest pumped up and say, "oh, she wants me." Not what I am looking for. I am looking for a way to uncork all of the rumination and say my side. I want it off my chest.
cosmonaut

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 10:17:31 AM »

Ultimately, dobie, we can't know exactly what is going on with our ex.  I completely understand the need to try and understand what happened, especially when it is something this crazy.  I can't know if your ex is BPD or not - none of us can.  You are the only one that knows her, and you are the one that can make the best guess about it.  I would trust your gut.  Listen to it.  If it says she probably has BPD, I wouldn't fight and overthink that.  But, we still have to admit it is just an educated guess.  We simply can't know for any certainty.  So, while I completely understand that we need to try and figure out what is going on with our ex, at some point we have to just accept that there is a large degree of unknown.  This is part of where radical acceptance comes in.

We will never know for certain what your ex was thinking and feeling all of those months.  If we give her the benefit of the doubt (and I'm not saying this is definitely the case), it may be that what looks like a very systematic scheme was actually deeply impulsive.  It was the product of the push/pull behaviors of BPD.  She probably felt deeply conflicted during this time as she both wanted desperately for you to love her and to be close to you, but also feeling engulfed and afraid and wanting to push you away.  As the storms of her emotions increased in intensity, she began to lash out at the only cause she could see: you.  She doesn't understand that you are not the one putting these things in her head, but she can't see that.  It is very real to her that this is something happening and something she can't control and so she assumes it must be coming from another source.  So, all of the primitive coping mechanisms kick in to help to protect herself from all of this pain and shame that she feels.  It may look very much like she is doing this systematically and purposefully to hurt you, but it is really something that is done very impulsively in desperation.  Can you think of times when she would be doing this pushing away and then suddenly she would stop and everything would be right again?  That would be a pretty big indication that this is something that is very impulsive, moment to moment.

That's not to say that pwBPD don't try to hurt us sometimes.  They can, and certain pwBPD (the "acting out" types - the witch and queen archetypes) are much more common to do this.  It is my belief, however, that pwBPD do this not to destroy us or even really with the primary goal to hurt us, but to get us to see how much THEY are hurt.  They are emotionally little children.  Little children hit their brother or throw their toys at mommy.  Do they mean to do this?  Yes.  Do they mean to seriously hurt their brother or mommy?  Not really.  They just want to show their brother how angry and hurt they are that he took their toy, or how angry and hurt they are that mommy won't let them keep playing and is making them take a bath.  pwBPD are no sociopaths.  They don't derive any pleasure from hurting us.  They are doing it because they don't know what else to do.  They don't have any higher level coping mechanisms.

I really do understand your anger, dobie.  I feel it too.  What was done to you was WRONG.  It was.  There is no excusing the behavior.  But can you see that your ex may not have really intended to hurt you like this?   Indeed, that she may not even REALIZE that she has hurt you like this?
dobie

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »

Thanks Cosmo love your posts man they always make me think and bring comfort

all I know is from day one there were problems she was never happy about something , as the years wore on I became the focus for a lot of this I was always soothing her about something or putting up with her temper tantrums her fears and anxieties her difficult personality . I felt honestly from day one something was not right something was missing but her intelligence and her mirroring of my likes and idealisation hooked the more immature selfish dobie

Her paranoia I was going to quit my job  or only caring because of her high income (six figures)

She kept saying to me as her life started to get better work, family friends

"Why am I still not happy"  

I lost her trust over the last 12-18 months she told me via my bro  she loved me but was not in love with me for that time but was hoping things would get better and was a coward and scared to leave out of comfort and security

She was deff trying to distance herself as evidenced by detaching from my family

I saw her go from happy and elated to morose and depressed in a matter of seconds a number of times .

She went from scared child in the first 4-5 years to angry willfull queen at least more so .

I know I had to text her every day while at work or she would accuse me of not caring , ignoring her or cheating . I know she accused me on my days off of "bringing woman back'

I know when I went out and didn't check in I got accused of cheating .

I know I went for a drink with my married overweight middle aged boss and she accused

me of fancying her .

I know if I didn't smile when I saw her I would be blamed

I know when I was a dick she loved me more but when I grew up in a lot of ways and became loving , thoughtful caring and responsible she became less loving and more disgusted by me .

I sense she felt engulfed hence her relief at leaving and her comments she needs to find out who she is (implying all her ideas are mine )

I know she could never give 50/50 emotionally it was always more about her and her needs .

I know she is easily lead and when her abusive PPD / aspd father got involved and triangulated the paranoia , anxiety and accusations would come out I used to dread her going to see him because it meant hell for me after .

I know it was almost always me apologising to keep the peace

I know she has a habit of using people she admited this with her last bf same thing I should have left years ago but I stayed out of  " need" she only wanted him because he was a "nice guy" and her last bf cheated on her and she wanted to finish her law degree .

I know she feels and righlty so she is second fiddle to her younger sister and that growing up they put a lot of burdens on her as well as emotional abuse from her alcoholic dad .

Ergo sum

Paranoid

Distrusting

Childish

Victim mentality

Idealisation

Anxious

Weak sense of self

Low mood

Over sensitive

Black & white thinking "you always you never"

Low self esteem

Sense of being boring and empty

Easily lead

Resentment

Selfish

Demanding

Passive aggression

I know she told she felt safe when I slept next to her.  in a lot of ways I pushed her away the last 6-12 months not sleeping in the same bed most nights ... .

Every BPD trait pretty much but I never saw extreme push/pull behaviours

I know she spent the last 6 weeks of the BU in her room and didn't want to sit with me after work .

I know she went on holiday to find out if she missed me with her new bf as a way of testing her feelings (she didn't miss me)

I know she now wants to party and have fun

If its not BPD than its her blaming me for her unhappiness her lack of trust and anxiety  thinking I'm the problem and projecting onto me but being too immature to own her behaviours and her happiness .

I'm just tired of it all Cosmo I want her back or I want to fully detach and move on and be happy this limbo I'm in sucks bro

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest