Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 07:10:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS the push/pull what leaves us in denial?  (Read 329 times)
problemsolver

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 21, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »

My exBPD basically conditioned me to think she would always come back for one reason or another... There was times where I thought hmm that was interesting but I'll never hear from her again then out of the blue she would msg me... .So when it finally "ended" I couldn't/didn't really believe it . . . 45ish days no contact currently ... and sometimes I still wonder if I'm stuck in the denial phase even though I feel that without a doubt she has moved on and put me in the past without a second thought.

Thoughts does P/P leave us in denial?
Heldfast

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: abandoned December 22, 2014

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 02:39:04 PM »

We all seem to prefer to remember the good and ignore or minimize the bad. So yeah, denial is easy, because for everything they've done to drive us away, we seize on how awesome they were with us. She's moved on my friend. If she wanted to be with you, really, guess where she'd be... .good luck, stay safe, and remember that you don't have to understand the nature of the poison to know it's not good for you. Don't drink it.

"Chaos is not a pit. Chaos is a ladder." - Lord Petyr Baelish
joeramabeme

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In process of divorcing

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 02:42:14 PM »

Thoughts does P/P leave us in denial?

I think it leads to confusion which makes it hard to know what to expect.  This feels like denial if you think about it, after all, she came back and forth so many times how do you know that she is not going to again?  It is all very sick!  Probably easiest to just make up your own mind on what it is and stay with that, at least that can be predictable.
joeramabeme

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In process of divorcing

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:45:22 PM »

. . . because for everything they've done to drive us away, we seize on how awesome they were with us.

. . . remember that you don't have to understand the nature of the poison to know it's not good for you. Don't drink it.

Heldfast - Well said!  Why is it we hold on to so little sugar and are so willing to take so much sh!t?
SummerStorm

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »

Yes, I believe so.  In the back of my mind, I kept thinking, "This isn't right.  She keeps choosing her boyfriend over me, so she obviously loves him a lot."  As soon as I would get to a point where I was starting to accept this, she pulled me back in again. 

After a while, I basically started telling myself, "Well, here we go again.  I'll just wait this out for a few days, and then we'll be back to her wanting me again."

I agree with what joeramabeme said about the confusion it causes and how that leads to us not knowing what to expect.  I was confused, my parents were confused.  One second, I was going to live with her.  The next second, I wasn't.  I couldn't understand why she couldn't just be with me.  I couldn't understand why she was having such a hard time choosing, especially when she told me all kinds of awful things about her boyfriend. 

So when will this end it goes on and on/Over and over and over again/Keep spinning around I know that it won't stop/Till I step down from this for good - Lifehouse "Sick Cycle Carousel"
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest