Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 05:57:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Humiliation and getting back at them  (Read 900 times)
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »

I completely understand the anger and hurt of everyone in this thread.   I have felt the hurt and anger from my pwBPD as well. There are no words to truly describe the hurt and anguish you have felt. I am sorry that you all have had to endure such sadness.

When in the early phases of healing, we are hurt and are mostly concentrating on our own pain. We often feel that the BPD ex got off "scot free". They don't get a free pass, they typically keep doing the same dysfunctional things and keep ruining their relationships.

This is completely accurate.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) A pwBPD will hate themselves more than you ever could. They have vicious cycles of shame/self-loathing/self-disgust, which triggers maladaptive behavior to cope and regulate their emotions. For a BPD sufferer it is a never ending cycle of self-sabotage and destruction. You could do the worst thing that you could possibly think of to get retribution, but it really is nothing compared to the hell they face on a daily basis.  Remember, a large portion of BPD sufferers self-harm and are suicidal. Honestly, there is nothing that you can really do that is worse to someone that already has suicidal ideation and wants to die. 

All personality disordered people are not the same. I have experienced a personality disordered relationship by being the partner and the person with a personality disorder. My pwBPD, suffers from BPD  and I was diagnosed with Dependent Personality Disorder. Granted, I do not fit the criteria for DPD anymore because of years of therapy and a lot of hard work. DPD is different from BPD, although both disorders share abandonment fears and poor self-esteem. PwDPD tend to be more of people pleasers and blame themselves for other people's behavior.

I do not condone hurtful or cruel behavior whether it be from a BPD, NPD, DPD, or a non-personality disordered person. From my own experience before therapy, there really was nothing anyone could have done to me to make me feel worse than I already did about myself. I felt more guilt about things that most people would never blame themselves for. All it would take is for someone to threaten or trigger abandonment and that was it; game over. 

"In order to take control of our lives and accomplish something of lasting value, sooner or later we need to Believe. We simply need to believe in the power that is within us, and use it." -Benjamin Hoff
Herodias

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2016, 08:58:11 PM »

FR4NZ, Some BPD's have traits of NPD and anti-social disorder as well. I have also read that BPD's can be as bad and/or worse in some ways... .It is really hard for therapists to diagnose them,  we know them better than anyone. Mine loved animals, but when in a situation when he felt he wanted to control them, he would hold the cat tight and not let it move... .as he did with me. He would also pull the dog away from me and threaten to hurt her to upset me... .I never thought he would but I don't know. He would also never follow "rules" like pick up after her or leave her on the leash. We argued about that allot. One time he let her run out of the yard when he was drunk and someone down the street picked her up and luckily we caught him before he took her to the pound! Just awful. She would shake when he was drunk. She didn't want to be around him but felt upset when he would force her to come to him since dogs want to do what they are told. It was very upsetting. Actually, I am glad this came up because these are the things I need to remember! I am horrified to think of him with a child. I bet his parents are as well! I am glad it wasn't any worse as I am sure there are stories that are allot worse.
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2016, 11:01:10 PM »

I am convinced mine was NPD. His psychiatrist, however, diagnosed BPD. My point, regardless, is that we are quick to judge people who are hurting. No revenge is NOT a good idea, but I can remember a time when that's all I thought about too. It took a while for those feelings to dissipate and being shamed in no way sped up the process. It's true, you will never them "teach a lesson", they are sick and its wasted energy. Better to improve ourselves.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2016, 11:09:13 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached its post limit. Feel free to start a new topic to continue the discussion.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest