Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 10:43:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time on website  (Read 333 times)
Jsg
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 23, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »

I have been very confused on what had been happening in my relationship, everything is going fine and all of a sudden all these problems and situations pop up. It seems minor a lot of times to me and the situation seem to be blown out of proportion. The problems seem to change daily and can last for hours , days, or months. A lot of anger and putting me down in anyway and all ways seems to take place with constant complaining. The more I try talk about a solution to the problem the more they seem to change and become different problems. The past is brought up constantly from up to 4 years ago , about things that don't even exist anymore. I get totally confused, and after 3 days or so I have no idea what the problem even is. This last time the complaint and anger was about not clean the way she wants and couldn't tell me what I am even doing wrong. About a week ago I had come to the conclusion I think my wife may have BPD ,I truly love my wife, it just really wears me down,the silent treatment and it makes me have a lot of anxiety and confusion. I'm just trying to figure out how I can defuse this in the beginning or what is the best solution just not to be pulled in or involved in this behavior. It feels like insanity.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

michel71

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »

Welcome. I remember making my first post and it is a bold and courageous step. I remember how confused I was and desperate for answers. I remember coming here to find comfort and kinship.

That was a few years ago.

All I can tell you is that you are in the right place. You will read posts here from people at different stages of coping with somebody who may have or does have BPD. I learned and continue to learn a lot from everybody here. I have been on the various BOARDS at different times depending on how I felt about my relationship.

Like you I love my wife but we are now living in separate places. The peace and tranquility I feel is off the charts. I don't know if we have a future together and quite frankly it seems unlikely but what I do know is that reconnecting with myself after years of crazy making, gas lighting, devaluing, verbal and financial abuse is surviving now. Yes I miss her. But I don't miss the arguments and trauma. She broke my heart. She broke my spirit. I am trying to get ME back, somebody who I lost touch with about 5 years ago.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest