Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:43:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ex wife with BPD  (Read 358 times)
BILOS

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 22, 2017, 06:07:25 AM »

My wife underwent a big change in 2012. All felt like a tornado. She met a kind of spiriual guru and just, to put it shorty, changed husbands. We divorced in october, and before the year ended she married again. One weird part was that from the begining of her change she started to act cruelly, with animosity. The behavior that could almost be understood if I had run away with another woman and left her (projection is a big thing with her). We had a 9 year old daugher, who stayed with me. Later, my ex wife induced in our daughter a Parenthal Alienation Syndrome. For almost a year, my daughter refused to see me or talk  to me. Then things went back to normal. The mother got tired or something and sent the girl back to me. The mother has been irrational and weird in so many ways. But then I did some reading. I read "Stop walking on eggshels", two books on PAS by Richard Gardner. I'm halfway now through "Understanding the Borderline Mother". So I understand now so many things. The thing that I miss, however, is share my experience with others, hear other people, for what I have lived and what I have read and learned, I cannot share with my family and friends, since they don't know anything about personality disorders and therefore they don't understand. That's my presentation. As brief as I could manage.
david

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 06:28:53 AM »

Welcome. I tried talking to some of my friends about it in the beginning and one in particular distanced himself. A few months later he contacted me to go out for lunch. At lunch, he apologized for distancing himself. He couldn't believe the stories I was telling and figured it was me with the problem. It just so happens that his dentist recently divorced his BPD wife and his stories were just like mine. He realized at that time that I was telling the truth.

flourdust

Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 06:56:47 AM »

Welcome! Co-parenting with a pwBPD can be very challenging, and it's especially difficult to see the effects on the children caught in the middle.

What sort of issues are you dealing with today? How is your daughter doing?

BILOS

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »

My daughter is doing very well. She lives with me. We get along very well. She gets good grades, has a healthy sense of humour, enjoys reading... .Her mother barely sees her. And a few months ago she even moved to another country. So, fortunately, the mother got tired of her trouble making attitude. She does not pay alimony, of course (I cannot help thinking how the situation would be were the gender roles reversed). It's okay. My only concern is to be a good parent, and to help my daughter in the future, whenever she asks questions.
flourdust

Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »

I'm pleased to hear she's doing well! What can we help you with?

BILOS

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 05:15:30 AM »

At this point, in which I have gone through the experience, and I have read books about it, I don't need help. I just thought it could be useful to "get together" with other people who had undergone these type of things, share views. That sort of thing.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest