Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 01:00:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This link from an Aussie site really helped me  (Read 495 times)
jambley

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 07, 2017, 10:31:18 AM »

www.mjtacc.com/frameset.html?rabuse.html~mainFrame
jambley

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »

Search mjtacc.com if link doesn't work
roberto516

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:39:05 AM »

This is really great insight. The abuse I allowed myself to experience was so subtle that there was only a few instances of screaming at me. I found this article to explain how we end up dealing with this. My exe's emotional abuse was much of of the witholding kind. Here's the article for anyone.

https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/partner-stops-giving-silent-pain-emotional-withholding-fiff/

“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”
roberto516

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »

I don't know if anyone can relate. But when I read this stuff it reinforces what kind of a relationship it was. It does make me feel relief that I did the right thing to get away (despite on and off begging for 6 months from me to have her try again with 1 recycle mixed in where I slaved over her). But I don't want it to be a "pitiful me" story where I feel like the victim. I sent a rage email yesterday as you are mostly all aware where I laid out the abuse I suffered during this relationship. But then I did explain that it was my own choice to stay in the relationship when my heart was telling me to leave. And I explained why I got involved with a relationship like this (because of my own faulty views on relationships, and the rescuer role I have). I just feel like when I tell some people what happened they are probably thinking "Oh get over it. Stop being a victim." But it's not what I'm trying to do. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Because the article you posted is true. 90% of this is what happened. I did allow it. But I feel like a part of me was under the assumption that this was a loving, mutual relationship despite all actions speaking to the contrary.

“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 12:42:12 PM »

Jambley,

THANK YOU for this link.  Every single point applied to my relationship and to see that all 15 points were bang on for the abuse is horrifying but also reinforces my pride in getting the hell out of there.  I've been emotionally knocked recently and this has given me strength.  We're survivors, all of us.

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
In a bad way

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 06:38:38 PM »

I don't know if anyone can relate. But when I read this stuff it reinforces what kind of a relationship it was. It does make me feel relief that I did the right thing to get away (despite on and off begging for 6 months from me to have her try again with 1 recycle mixed in where I slaved over her). But I don't want it to be a "pitiful me" story where I feel like the victim. I sent a rage email yesterday as you are mostly all aware where I laid out the abuse I suffered during this relationship. But then I did explain that it was my own choice to stay in the relationship when my heart was telling me to leave. And I explained why I got involved with a relationship like this (because of my own faulty views on relationships, and the rescuer role I have). I just feel like when I tell some people what happened they are probably thinking "Oh get over it. Stop being a victim." But it's not what I'm trying to do. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Because the article you posted is true. 90% of this is what happened. I did allow it. But I feel like a part of me was under the assumption that this was a loving, mutual relationship despite all actions speaking to the contrary.

Yes we allowed it because we had seen how loving they were to start with, we hoped that it was a blip, we hoped they would get over whatever was going on in their head. We loved them , we forgave them.
We are loving kind forgiving people, they are not.
That article is spot on but it misses the bit where after a few hours of St I got the
"you are a misserable ass, you have ignored me all night, I've tried to talk to you but you told me to shut up because you are watching TV"
All BS and the other way around.
Her ST was always followed by her accusing me of doing it.
She is a loony tunes ... .end of.
jambley

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »

Glad you found it useful

Jambley,

THANK YOU for this link.  Every single point applied to my relationship and to see that all 15 points were bang on for the abuse is horrifying but also reinforces my pride in getting the hell out of there.  I've been emotionally knocked recently and this has given me strength.  We're survivors, all of us.

Love and light x
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest