Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 11:33:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovering BPD Addict  (Read 390 times)
Elmurr

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 17, 2017, 01:49:35 AM »

Hi, this is my first post, and it's really an introduction. I don't suppose my story is particularly unique going on what I have read in this forum, and others, over the past 3 months since the break up.

Like a lot of people, I only found out about BPD after the final "push" and the painting black. I don't know for certain if my ex girlfriend had BPD, but she sure as hell had a lot of traits.

We were together for just over 3 years. 3 years of hell! It was as rocky as any relationship could be and involved arrests, vandalism, violence, emotional abuse, cheating, utter chaos, and of course, eventually complete seemingly over-night discard and hatred.

To give you an idea of what happened, here are some examples of the more poignant encounters between us:
  • She keyed my car and lied to the police, I'll spare you the language she used against me when I accused her
  • She threatened suicide at least 10 times when I tried to leave
  • She got pregnant twice when I tried to leave, but said on both occasions it could be someone called Mike's (still don't know who Mike is)
  • Stalking
  • Ripping up my clothes
  • Cheating and lying and rubbing it in my face
  • Lying about having cancer and when I questioned her she used it as justification to break up with me and then slept with someone at work and told me about it

The list goes on.

Now, she may just be a nasty ___, but what makes me think its BPD is the splitting, the fear abandonment, the lack of known self (she has no idea who she is, what she likes, or who she fancies or finds attractive), the self hatred (I said to her so many times "why do you hate yourself so much", and she would always ask me "why do you hate me so much" which is projection as I'd always say "I Dont!", impulsive behaviours (sex -very promiscuous - alcohol and drugs), suicidal threats, and extremely unstable emotions (i've had to lock myself in a room before for fear of her attacking me).

In March this year she was moving to central London, and she had built this up as being a new start for us. I was really looking forward to it. We spent the weekend before she moved together and she told me how much she loved me. Then, 3 days later, completely out of the blue, she moved to London and ended it. She told me she'd never loved me, and that she'd been sleeping with a guy at work for the past 3 months.

And then that was it. I broke down. She started to HATE me. I was called insane. She threatened getting a restraining order against me. She then managed to get me to go to her new flat one night after the move, and when I arrived she was sat in the dark crying and listening to music. She started shouting at me about a female friend I'd had for years during the relationship, and I wasn't allowed to mention the guy at work she was sleeping with, or the guy she'd had a relationship with whilst travelling last year. Eventually she started to hit me, and I restrained her and shouted at her, and I eventually ended up breaking my hand on her bedroom door.

I have now been branded a violent abuser, psychopath, and sociopath. She is the victim. How DARE I do this to her! Everything is my fault. YOU DID THIS! You are EVIL! She even told me that the guy she had a relationship with behind my back whilst travelling was the one  that got away, and that I was the worst thing that ever happened to HER! But it's all MY fault!

I was left crying on the floor with a broken hand, and her calling me pathetic, and me whimpering "this isn't who I am".

That was the last time I saw her. Which seems fitting.

Anyway, that is really just scraping the surface of what has been unquestionably the most agonising experience of my life. Overnight she went from "God I love you so much", to emotionless indifference. It broke me.

I am now having therapy and taking anti-depressants, but thanks to sites like this I am beginning to see the light that this person has a disorder, and no matter what I did, the ending would have been the same.

Emotions

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:52:54 AM »

Just remember it ISNT who you are, your actions were probably reactions to too much insanity... .use this time away to get yourself and spirit back... .good luck, time heals and remember to count your blessings... .it was brave to admit what you have admitted, and it reminds me of times I was whimpering and exhausted from loving someone who was going through a psychotic episode... .it ain't easy buddy, so enjoy the peace and quiet while you can... .

Train your mind to be calm in every situation
Like an island that no flood can overwhelm
In these times we must act like the eye of the hurricane
"It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" (public enemy)
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »

Hi Elmurr,

Welcome

The stories have probably been posted thousands of times on this forum, what is important is that it is your story and to share that story with others to help you heal.

You've been through a lot and I'm sorry that you were put through of that. I completely understand how unfair it feels when we're blamed for our exes bad behaviours.

With spirit in mind, it helps to keep internet lore seperate from accredited medical information. Lore will validate anger but what does it do for you down the road? Anger is good, it can help us with detaching from unhealthy r/s's. Reading about BPD will do a couple of things for you, it will help normalize the behaviour and it will help with depersonalizing the behaviour.

Become indifferent to the behaviors, you neither like it or hate it, anger can keep you emotionally attached. I think you deserve better treatment then what you've been through, attachment leads to suffering, detachment leads to freedom.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Woods77

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 04:20:19 PM »

Try to be nice to yourself. Forget what was ever said it wasnt based on logic, it was based on problems of the mind, no one meant to be nasty or wrong but they couldnt help it.

Just try and be nice to yourself each day and take things slowly and forget about all the dramas and the relaxing calm you can feel without something so chaotic in your life.
Elmurr

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »

Thank you for your comments. I am slowly coming to terms with it, and trying to detach myself from the anger and betrayal. But I am sure there will be resentment for years.

This forum has been enormously helpful in getting me to come to terms with what happened and to get some understanding of what and why the things that happened, happened.

This website is my only form of closure.
jambley

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 05:14:49 PM »

Sorry to hear you have been through all that Elmurr, she sounds awful. Look after yourself and stay on this forum, you will gain a lot of info and support.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest