Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:42:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Email hack? Need gelo/opinion  (Read 349 times)
Xeonrebel

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 04, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »

Hi. Me again.
Ok. I dont wanna sound paranoid, but really weird things happen when you start to disengage. Yesterday while checking some e-mails from my Gmail account i noticed that a group of mails from my ex gf are missing. The weird thing is that those mails come from a single account (Hotmail) and they are erased from when we we're fighting between january and march when she sent a final mail before recycle/discard. The first time i noticed this was on middle of august. I tought back then that maybe was a glitch of my SmartPhone until yesterday i checked back with my laptop and i confirmed they are gone. They arent in archive, nor spam Nor trash. Gone! At first i tought that maybe a group of mails from those dates were erased. But nop, just those. Then i tought that maybe it was a problem with the Hotmail account, but i have newer e-mails from Hotmail account. Then i wrote to Google asking for help only telling me that those mails we're erased and unrecoverable. Ok si before going nuts about what happened i tried to remember if i erased them out of spite. But, no i didnt, even theres 2 step to erase them. So.the icyng of the cake is this.  I had an email from a female friend from April, whom my ex gf hates as hell. Guess what.? GONE!
Anyway. I believe i was hack between the end of July and the first days of august... i need your opinión causé i dont wanna be paranoid nor overthink. I hate the feeling of going nuts and i hate Even more that this is happening while i'm getting the silent treatment at it's full force. Thanks.BPD family
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:32:28 PM »

Hi Xeonrebel,

Did you share your password? Do you use a password that your ex could have easily guessed? Do you use the same password on different sites?

Did you reset your password?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Xeonrebel

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:38:27 PM »

I havent shared my password but honestly its not that hard to figure it out. I already changed my password to a new one. Unfortunely gmail didnt trigger an alarm the dates i believe she entered. Other than that i have no explanation for the combination of events im telling you about.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »

I get alerts from gmail too when I log in from a different machine than the ones that I usually log in with.

Maybe she logged in with one of your devices? A smart phone, tablet, laptop of yours... .did she have access to any of your devices to get into your email?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest