Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:58:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: in love with a male partner with BPD traits  (Read 364 times)
Zen606

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 04, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »

Hi to everyone.
I had been in a relationship with a man for about a year and during this time there have been 3 breakups. This is a red flag that something is not right. The last breakup was over something he said. I told him that if this was true then I could not trust him, he never answered my question about whether it was true or not and became very angry and said that this 3rd separation was the final one. I accepted this. I apologized for my role in the issue. Then he apologized and wanted to know when he could see me. I told him I was confused because first he said the break up was final, now he wants to see me. So I asked, do you want to get together to say goodbye? I have not heard from him since. Its been 3 weeks. I believe that this is a silent treatment and I am being punished for pointing out the inconsistency.  I could contact him and ask him to meet me so we can talk, however if I do, because of the intense feelings I feel for him, I will re-connect with him and the whole thing will start again until the next break-up over something that may be an issue but does not merit such an extreme reaction from him. 

After reading the literature he appears to have BP traits. His sister and mom appear to have similar anger issues and have difficulty establishing relationships. I would like to mention that he had a stroke some years ago, is disabled on his right side because of this and has ED (erectile dysfunction). He is creative and can be a great person, affectionate, loving, and passionate when he is not angry. When things have been good between us they have been wonderful. When they have been bad its been excruciatingly painful.

My mom had  BP traits , she made life for my family a living hell. She was very abusive to all of including my dad, emotional and physical abuse.

Any feedback from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Zen606
Bo123
Formerly "envision"

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »

Be ready for a wild ride which you have already experienced.  Will it change, probably not w/o counseling which BPD's don't like.  Love is a drug and makes us overlook things we would normally run from.  You seem to have a good handle on the situation.  Re-read your own post, what do you think?  Best of luck as at best BPD relationships are at least a roller coaster ride and get worse from there with few exceptions.  Your happiness comes first.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:30:30 PM »

Hi Bo123 and welcome 

I'm sorry to hear about the break up.  Regardless of knowing you have good reason to avoid re engaging, it is still very painful to break such an intense bond.  Your r/s sounds very rocky indeed and quite typical of one with a pwBPD.  The breakup makeup cycle is a hallmark.  Those intense highs followed by the lows can leave you feeling emotionally drained.  Do you think you are really done with the r/s this time?  What has caused you to feel differently to the other recycles in the past?

When you looked into BPD, what were the traits that stood out to you and what did you struggle with the most in the r/s?  Although there are many similarities in the stories on these boards, each sufferer has their own unique make up and may have stronger presentation in some of the traits than others, so it's good to share your story.  It also helps to get things off your chest and into a forum where others will understand without judgement.  I'm sure you've seen that it's a very supportive community and that others will relate to you.  Tell us a little more when you are  ready to share.

Love and light x   

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest