Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 08:39:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She said she’s not trying to get back in my life but still has love for me  (Read 628 times)
savreina

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 21, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »

It’s been 3 weeks NC with my ex BPD. I unblocked her number and literally 10mins later she texted me. She apologized for calling me out of my name. She told me she suffers from anxiety and depression and THATS IT... she never mentioned anything about BPD but the description of it fits her soo well. Maybe she’s undiagnosed? I’m not sure, our conversation is pretty civil but I noticed she’s back on a dating site and “is looking for a relationship”. I’m wondering what she came back for? She said she’s not trying to get back in my life but she still has love for me
JNChell
a.k.a. "WTL"

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Dissolved

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »

Hi savreina!   We’re glad that you came back to give an update. 3 weeks of NC is a milestone for many of us. I’m sure it was difficult. Many of us are also in the same boat as you. Our curiosities break NC. How are you feeling about having contact with her? To answer your question about her being undiagnosed, we’re not able to make that determination here. Only a licensed professional in a lengthy, face to face setting can do that. It does appear that you’ve experienced enough with her to give you cause to do the research on her behaviors and find yourself here. Good on you for doing homework and trying to find a path to resolution. Do you mind if I ask what prompted you to unblock her?

“Adversity can destroy you, or become your best seller.”
-a new friend
savreina

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 06:17:10 PM »

I feel like all the feelings I tried so hard to bury cane rushing back, I still love her & care for her and want her... I know that I shouldn’t, she even said so herself that we aren’t meant for each other & I know that’s nothing but facts. Nc wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be because I’ve been busy with work & going out of town on the weekends. I unblocked her because I had a strange feeling to do so, she was on my mind. She mentioned she had called me last night but of course her number was blocked
JNChell
a.k.a. "WTL"

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:06 PM »

It’s hard to bury feelings, isn’t it? Feelings are as much alive as we are, I believe. It’s hard to bury what is alive. We can only suppress them. It takes focus to suppress things. Kind of like holding the spring down on a mouse trap without setting it. We have to focus on suppressing that spring so we don’t get our finger caught in the trap. It becomes tiresome, and we eventually lose focus, and SNAP! Our finger is caught and pulsing with pain. savreina, I’ve gotten very sound advice on this forum about feelings, how to engage them, sit with them and let them pass before reacting. If you’d like, I would be happy to share what’s been shared with me.

-a new friend
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 07:41:58 PM »

hi savreina,

i had read recently that you were wishing things had ended on a better and more mutual note. it sounds like she feels similarly.

do you think this conversation was that opportunity?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
savreina

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 07:55:38 PM »

It’s hard to bury feelings, isn’t it? Feelings are as much alive as we are, I believe. It’s hard to bury what is alive. We can only suppress them. It takes focus to suppress things. Kind of like holding the spring down on a mouse trap without setting it. We have to focus on suppressing that spring so we don’t get our finger caught in the trap. It becomes tiresome, and we eventually lose focus, and SNAP! Our finger is caught and pulsing with pain. savreina, I’ve gotten very sound advice on this forum about feelings, how to engage them, sit with them and let them pass before reacting. If you’d like, I would be happy to share what’s been shared with me.
I would love to hear
savreina

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »

hi savreina,

i had read recently that you were wishing things had ended on a better and more mutual note. it sounds like she feels similarly.

do you think this conversation was that opportunity?
I believe that this conversation was indeed that opportunity... things went surprisingly well... I got most of the answers that I needed. I’m still not at complete peace with everything but I do feel better knowing that she was willing to have a serious conversation with me
JNChell
a.k.a. "WTL"

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 09:01:57 PM »

The advice that has been shared with me, and that I’m currently working on, is to sit with these feelings. To let them come on full force without suppressing them. The key, and hardest part of this, is to let these feelings wash over us. To really feel them, and to not react to them in the heat of the moment. To try not to analyze them. To build the strength to sit through them until they have passed, and a sense of calmness has returned. Being calm and collected allows us to be truly rational and true to our values. It does work. Have I perfected it? No, but I am practicing it several times a day, and it is helping. I’m glad that you were able to gain some piece of mind from your interaction with your ex. That has to feel pretty good. Do you feel like that will help you moving forward?

-a new friend
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:50 AM »

Hi savreina,

What do you think about the timing with looking for s r/s on a dating site and she still has feelings for you? Do you feel like she’s putting exit strategies in place if and when a new r/s fails? Isn’t the timing odd?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
savreina

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »

I feel as tho she wants to make sure she has someone to fall on if her new possible relationship does fail, or she has already had someone else and that failed so she’s looking for a newer replacement... I’m really not sure but it can’t be a coincidence that the same day she made the dating profile she contacts me
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest