Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
July 02, 2024, 09:34:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big set back in communication since meet up/new girlfriend  (Read 901 times)
Radcliff
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »

It sounds like sometimes you are not quick to get back to your ex because you are busy, and sometimes he is not quick to get back to you because he is busy.  Each of you sometimes may think the other one is being passive aggressive.  He owns what he thinks.  You can be honest with him that you were just busy, and if he worries or feels hurt, you can't change that.  Likewise, you own how you think.  I believe it's very tough to tell what's going on on the other side.  I know I've thought my pwBPD was ignoring me to be manipulative or uncaring, and I later found out that she was just busy, for real.  The thing about a friendship is that it's appropriate for there to be lower expectations than in a romance.  It's OK for people to be busy.  The friendship should not be stressful, and managing our own expectations and reactions is key.

About telling him about the other guy... .you've been broken up for a year.  I can understand reluctance and not wanting to hurt his feelings, though.  One thought would be to wait a while and see how things go with the other guy.  Might another possibility be to slowly introduce the other guy into your social media so that it's out there, but not as direct as telling your ex?

Finally, about the new guy.  You don't want to talk about him, but you see several red flags.  If we see the red flags and do the same thing we did last time, we're not going to end up in a better place.  It's your call, but let me invite you to share with us about the red flags you're seeing.

RC
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

FaithfulInLove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 11:45:49 AM »

Hello Radcliff and thank you for your thoughtful answer, as I've opened a new post two days ago (which you had also replied to), I will answer you there, because the information there are more up to date.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=330409.0

As you can read here, I have already told him by now. I told him because I didn't wanna hurt his trust further and I remember how much it hurt me when he never said anything but "Ohh I have new girlfriend since yesterday"... .I think shock news are more hurtful than preparing someone... .And I really hope he will stop me from letting this become serious... .
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2018, 12:03:08 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached the post limits and has been locked.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest