Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:51:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicidal partner  (Read 737 times)
boogs152

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »

That’s exactly what I’m going through Radcliffe. It’s so painful to watch someone you love who is in pain.

On a more personal note, it’s hard to know where to draw the line in my relationship. I’ve chosen to try to set the relationship aside for the time being and just let him have the time and space to do what he needs to do. He lacks empathy and hasn’t acknowledged the difficulties he’s put me through. The fact that he trashing our relationship... .

I understand that there’s much more going on than what is seen on the surface and that’s why I’m trying so very hard to understand. I truly have tried... .calmly and patiently with empathy. But I feel like he’s deceived me by playing a part,early in our relationship. Being something he wasn’t. No my heart is breaking whilst he shuts me out. I’m waiting on the sidelines quietly willing him on the better things... .hoping... .I’m on his side always.
I think he just sees me as cold and cruel. I have no idea why.
I’ve tried seeking help but all it usually amounts to is talking to some stranger on some kind of “helpline” on the phone. Nothing tangible... .nothing real that I can touch and hold onto... .No comforting face to tell me to stay strong and things will be okay.
This is a lonely place. Empty.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

boogs152

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 02:46:47 AM »

My partner is still in shut down mode. Spiraling. If I try to call he rarely answers his phone or acknowledges a text message.
I decided to reach out send him a text message asking how his day was going. He responded saying that he was feeling very low as that he was trying to doing some artwork.
I decided to ask him why he was feeling so down and what was in his mind. His response was that he was thinking about death, hopelessness,pain and anger.

I responded with... .It must be hard trying to cope with that.I’m sorry that you are dealing with those emotions today. Perhaps you should speak to our doctor?
He didn’t respond back.

Did I handle that okay?

Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2018, 06:53:18 AM »

boogs152,

I think you handled that really well, you showed your concern, you showed empathy, you made a practical suggestion and you left it to him.

Nice Job!   

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
boogs152

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 07:49:34 AM »

Thanks Panda. I appreciate the encouragement.

I try.
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 11:24:04 AM »

Staff only

This thread reached it's post limit and has been continued here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=331026.0

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest