Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:48:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I’m just as bad  (Read 350 times)
paperinkart

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Together (But It’s Tough Lately!)

« on: March 25, 2020, 02:29:49 AM »

Hey everyone.

Another post from me- sorry for so many. It’s been a trying time for everyone around here. I just feel like I don’t know where else to turn every time things go wrong.

My uBPD partner just came back home from 7 months away working. We don’t live together. The last 3 days have been a complete nightmare. He is getting SO angry with me- angrier than he has ever been before and his behaviour is just out of control.

We were having SUCH a fun night tonight. We had a few drinks, it was a blast. I decided to run home just to feed my cats and he got so upset that I “kidnapped him and changed our plans”. After we got back to his home, he told me I had to leave. He wouldn’t look at me, would barely talk to me. Everything changed in a second. I was so flabbergasted and so angry.

I left but unfortunately, I couldn’t stop myself from sending some messages. You guys, I’m just as bad. When I get angry with him, it’s like everything in me boils over and I can’t see straight. I can’t stop myself from saying the worst things. I hate myself for it. I can’t see him without BPD anymore. I used to think they were two separate people (him with and without BPD). I even self-harmed (not new for me) because I couldn’t process the anger. I blame him for having such strong BPD traits and I do the exact same things. I am such a hypocrite.

Anyway, after I got home, I stupidly realized what probably happened. I left my “Loving Someone With BPD” book on my nightstand. I obviously didn’t expect him to come over or I would have put it away. I messed up (again) and I feel so ashamed. We’ve obviously talked about the possibility of him having it before, but I would feel terrible if someone had a book on my disorders just casually reading.

I don’t know what to do to be better for each other. I hate feeling like I’m just as out of control as he is. I’ve been trying so, so hard to control my emotions and react differently. But I just feel like I’m not getting anywhere and every fight we have makes it feel more and more hopeless.

Please tell me I’m not alone? Please tell me I can fix this?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest