Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:13:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intense rage for 6 straight days...we need advice  (Read 389 times)
Sash234

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: Tense

« on: September 27, 2020, 06:02:18 PM »

Hi! My sibling has been on the most severe rage she's ever had for the past 6 days. After threatening to go for a.drive and kill herself, she sent pictures of her.arm with two knifes and a bottle.of pills. We called the mental health division of the police department to do a welfare check. They took her in handcuffs to.the hospital, then she was released in the middle of the night. As soon as she got her phone back, we've been the victims of her rath for 6 straight days. She's been yelling and throwing a tantrum nonstop (she's 49 years old). She's called us every name in the book, made terrorist-like demands, made endless threats and death wishes on all of us, and used language so repulsive we could never repeat it. My mom and I can't bear to answer her abusive calls or texts. My dad continues.to listen to it daily, despite us telling him to stop. Getting her committed is too frightening right now. She's scaring all of us to the point that I'm scared to go out of my house. We are at a loss. We feel completely helpless. My dad has told her she needs.to get help and that he will pay for it and get her the help. She yells and screams back that she doesn't need any help.

Please...if anyone has any advice, we would be so grateful!

Thank you!
Garnet

Relationship status: Dating

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:34:19 PM »

Please take care of yourself! That level of rage sounds so traumatic. Even if your sister can’t or won’t get help, you and your family should consider therapy for yourselves. *distant hugs*
Sash234

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 10:37:39 PM »

Thank you so much! My mom and I are definitely getting help. It's traumatic indeed! And so very sad! Thank you for replying!
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 10:51:41 PM »

It sounds like authorities are no help until there is a severe crisis. You sound like you don't feel safe. It might be good to have a safety plan. Do you feel like it's at this point, or do you feel that her threats of harm are directed towards herself?

https://bpdfamily.com/pdfs/safety-first-dv-1.pdf

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Sash234

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 09:30:19 PM »

Thank you @turkish (I'm new in here, so I don't know if we can tag people like that?).  That safety PDF was very helpful!  Today, I saw on my outdoor camera that she came to my house.  If I were home, I would not have gone outside as we are truly petrified of the verbal abuse that will most definitely come out of her mouth and possibly physical abuse.  My mom is getting zero support from my dad.  He keeps blaming us and telling us we should have called him to handle it and her.  There is no telling if he could have calmed her down that night or if she could have gotten worse.  We called the mental health division of our police department, and they took her in handcuffs, which is her living nightmare as well as my dad's.  The shame they both are experiencing from her being taken in handcuffs is the only thing they can focus on.  Neither of them are able to focus on the fact that she was threatening suicide yet again!  I looked back at emails from 2014, 2015, 2016 and so on and saw all the same threats from her.  It hasn't stopped, slowed down, or gotten any better.  It's gotten worse.  The older she gets, she is more lonely, more depressed, more angry.  She hates everyone, hates her apartment, hates our city, can't believe what "this one did to her" and "that one did to her", wants us all dead, is wishing that we get cancer and die painful deaths, and the list goes on and on.  I've blocked her calls/texts/emails.  I've attempted to reason with my dad (with no luck).  He keeps asking "how could we have done this to him?" Yes, HIM!  Not at all about how could his child threaten suicide and say all these awful things.  My sweet fiance is having to experience all of this, even after he's been through his fair share of crap with his own children.  Ahhhh...calgon, take it all away!

Thank you for letting me vent in this safe space!
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 11:04:15 PM »

Shame is a core, debilitating feeling for pwBPD. It's bad enough of you don't have BPD. It's also why we don't recommend calling EMS to "teach a lesson." As you described, though, you were trapped and she was in crisis. They wouldn't have held her otherwise. I'm sorry your dad feels like he does and blames you. You and your fiancee deserve to be safe. Your dad is an adult, and so is your sis.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Sash234

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 07:46:26 AM »

Thank you!  If we shouldn't call in help (EMS or the police crisis intervention team), who should we call or what should we do?  Do we just attempt to reason with her, and if she continues her rage (screaming, crying, etc.), do we ignore her as these are most likely (based on history) just tests, threats, games, etc? 
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 10:47:34 PM »

If you can safely de-escalate, try that. If you or she is in danger, then do what you have to do. 

There are communication tools in the lessons at the top of the board. In the Tools pull down at the top of the site, there are top level summaries which can help. Such as

https://bpdfamily.com/content/ending-conflict

Calling was drawing a clear line about what you will tolerate. Where do you think she will go from here interacting with you?

Sash234

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »

Thank you for that info!  From past experience, she won't communicate with me for a few months, then out of nowhere, she'll be back as if none of it ever happened.  The patterns have been repeating themselves for years and getting worse each time.  Being the sister vs. the parent is tricky because I feel like I can step out of it.  But it's all very, very sad.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest