Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 07:24:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I’m struggling  (Read 411 times)
Elsiefaye

What is your sexual orientation: Bisexual
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: November 19, 2021, 06:07:02 PM »

I’m struggling. My own mental health is done a down hill spiral. I’m seeing a therapist but it’s hard

Here’s is my story  https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=351237.0

All I asked for her is that I wanted space and needed time to think.

“Honestly, I need space at the moment. I’m struggling ok. The message I saw yesterday on your phone hit me. With my psychologist and online sessions, I’m working really hard to move on.
You got to understand you hurt me (there name). I’m sorry I’m saying this. I know your struggling. But I need you too understand that what happened between us meant a lot to me. At the moment I feel their isn’t no healthy give or take, and I need to process this all. I’m sorry, I need to look after myself.”
[/i]

I thought I was ready for the messages. But I wasn’t. I thought I was overthinking and overreacting from the messages but I sat down and actually read the message over. She kept putting words in my mouth. Using the excuse that “I couldn’t do that anymore because you were my best friend” Throwing back in my face that she has been here with me through all the trauma and problems I faced in my life.
Then I received this one here is snipets

“Sorry for that over reaction.
I understand it would be hard because it is on me too.
But if you don't want to be friends and push everything we have done for each other away because my feelings are elsewhere then that's fine.
We did say we wanted each other to be happy and help where we can.
Im here for you.
Always have been, always will be.
The ball is in your court now.
Sorry that your hurting.
I do feel really bad and now I feel even more PLEASE READ then I have lately.
Talk to you whenever.
I just would hate to see this friendship die”

I don’t know what to do. I’m so stuck. I haven’t replied, wouldn’t know what to say.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 01:19:56 PM »

sorry to hear that youre struggling.

people with bpd traits especially can be pretty selfish in this regard, after a breakup.

most people can be, in a sense. their feelings tend to become more important than yours.

so i think shes trying to get across that she doesnt want to lose you, and shes not really able to see your need for space, or that giving it to you might be the best way not to push you away.

its tough.

i dont think a reply is really necessary. she expressed herself, and she also said the ball is in your court and "talk to you whenever". probably best to let her, and the situation, sit on that.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Couscous

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 02:18:28 PM »

There's really nothing more for you to say. There can be no "friendship" with people like this. What she wants is to have her cake and eat it too, entirely at your expense. She is using emotional blackmail by casually mentioning that she's suicidal. The most empowering thing you can do for yourself is to end contact as soon as you possibly can. It will really, really suck, but your therapist can help with getting through it. Best of luck to you!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest