Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:26:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type. See link for test below. ( ) = percentage in the US population.
ISTJ (11.6%)
ISFJ (13.8%)
INFJ (1.5%)
INTJ (2.1%)
ISTP (5.4%)
ISFP (8.8%)
INFP (4.3%)
INTP (3.3%)
ESTP (4.3%)
ESFP (8.5%)
ENFP (8.1%)
ENTP (3.2%)
ESTJ (8.7%)
ESFJ (12.3%)
ENFJ (2.4%)
ENTJ (1.8%)
---> See first page of thread for data table!

Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 14  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Self reflection. Take a look. Take the test. What are your results?  (Read 25364 times)
causticdork
formerly "snackrelatedmishap"

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2013, 03:00:53 PM »

INTJ, the current leader in most common board type (just one ahead of INFJ) and the second lowest in general population.  So... .   Introverted intuitive Judgers are clearly BPD magnets.  Either that or the ones that end up here are because we can't just write our exes (or current partners) off as crazy and move on.  We need answers, dang it!  And we will ask the internet until it tells us what is wrong and how to fix it!

maria1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2013, 05:14:51 PM »

I'm ENFP and I'm feeling a little lonely on here right now. There are a few of my type further back in this thread but not recently. Not quite sure what this means nd want to look into it more. I liked the Myers Briggs stuff when I've used it in work and study. Interesting my type isn't supposed to be doing an analytical job which is the job I currently do and I am quite good at. I am not good at the methodical stuff but I often bring a totally different angle to project and this is helpful to others.
doubleAries
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: single

the key to my destiny is me

« Reply #332 on: April 18, 2013, 11:48:44 PM »

a month ago, I was ESTJ, this month--ENTJ

We must come to know we are more than anyone's opinion--including our own
maria1

« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30:31 AM »

I think we can be in different places when we take these tests and, as honest as we try to be, there's always other factors going on. Do many if us are working hard to change aspects of how we interact with others and how we process the world around us, for example practicing mindfulness rather than just reacting from an emotional stance. That's bound to affect the scores on these things. But in not sure we can really change our personality? Interesting to think about.
VeryFree
Formerly known as 'VeryScared' and 'ABitAnnoyed'

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2013, 03:14:08 AM »

But in not sure we can really change our personality? Interesting to think about.

Our personality has different parts:

- the part you get when you were born;

- the part you get when you were raised;

- the part you get from other experiences.

The first part we can't change I think: with training we can put it away, or with medication, but it won't go far, because it is us.

The second and third part were made by circumstances. Allthough it's hard work I think we can change that.
maria1

« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2013, 03:53:11 AM »

Yes- I do hope it is possible. I do believe we are the product of our environment and that e can relearn our responses. I went to a meditation class yesterday and I was shocked how the teacher very simply taught that we can refocus our energy on ourselves. Just by using the word 're-enactment' instead of response in terms of how we respond very basically to external stimuli. It made me realise we can re-train our bodies with new 're- enactments'.

I am hopeful. It is hard, hard work.
ZigofZag

Relationship status: Married & Living apart

« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »

ENFP - "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.

Extroverted (E) 69.44% Introverted (I) 30.56%

Intuitive (N) 52.78% Sensing (S) 47.22%

Feeling (F) 58.33% Thinking (T) 41.67%

Perceiving (P) 54.29% Judging (J) 45.71%

Mmmmmmm, sounds about right.

RecycledNoMore

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »

INFJ:)
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #338 on: November 15, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »

ISTP. Seems like I am in a minority. I used to be INTP or INFJ years ago when I did this... .I think my BPD experience, in addition to being an engineer in real life for almost 20 years now has changed me somewhat,.

"Engineer"

Introverted (I) 54.29% Extroverted (E) 45.71%

Sensing (S) 53.13% Intuitive (N) 46.88%

Thinking (T) 64.52% Feeling (F) 35.48%

Perceiving (P) 64.52% Judging (J) 35.48%

Now, what I agree and disagree with, which shows the shortcomings of such "tests" (I hate being put into a box):

hidden: Yes. But I have no problem being open. Don't have a problem trusting people. I'll trust you until you prove _by your actions_ (the only things that really matter, not feelings or words) that I can't. That's logical.

private:

Somewhat.

has trouble describing feelings: No. I am VERY aware of my feelings and could easily write a book on things. I think less of people who get wrapped up in their feelings at the expense of mistreating others, however. Told by multiple people for a long time, even recently, that I would make a good therapist.

not very affectionate: No.  I love my freaking kids and people observe I am way more affectionate towards them than most fathers. Others misinterpret other things due to the twisted scripts running in their heads which I won't go into.

loner tendencies: Yes. Less than I used to be though.

lower energy: Yes and no, depending upon the situation. I get up in the morning ready to go. Can work, think, and do things very fast when the situation calls for it. Instantly.

can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others: yes and no. Life happens, freaking deal with it (positively). Been there more than a lot of people. I've become more guarded and cynical the older I get, however.

disorganized: Yes and no. I keep things in my head.

messy: My desk is a mess, but I am organized and very competent financially. I used to not be so much, but was always a bit messy. Why waste time on keeping things neat? There are more important things on which to spend one's time.

fears drawing attention to self: Used to be more like this. Still like this a little bit.

anti-tattoos: Don't care. Other people can do what they wish. Used to want one, but grew out of it by my early 20s... .20 years ago. 

anti counter culture: yes, though I appreciate some things about it. Again, grow the hell up.

not comfortable in unfamiliar situations: Yes, but I am very adaptable and not easily shaken by things that leave other people in a state of indecisiveness. Comes with growing up with constant drama. Adapt. Decide. Don't get stuck in a decision of feeling loop. OODA (look it up) is my middle name in both work and life.

avoidant: yes. HATE drama!

rather unemotional: Yes and no. I control my emotions very well, though I do lapse into periods of short depression sometimes. I can run multiple "scripts" in my head in parallel. Never had a problem with this.

does not like attention: YES. Even though in certain situations, people tell me I am very funny.

more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family: I can do both, and balance them well. So no.

hermetic: Probably. I think this means in the sense of being sealed off and disconnected? I tried to convince myself years ago that I was Schizoid. Grew out of it somewhat, but still have those tendencies. I have the ability to grow and change, however.

not complimentary: Not sure what this means wrt personality.

dislikes leadership: yes and no. I recognize the need for order and submitting to authority to keep things running, but hate the tendency of narcissistic types to be attracted to power and authority. I rebel when it is logically called for, short of violating core moral principles.

more submissive then domineering: yeah, probably. Have trouble establishing boundaries somewhat. I probably to into schizoid mode just splitting from a jerky person rather than dealing with it. I see a person being a jerk as their problem, not mine.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
doubleAries
Retired Staff

Relationship status: single

the key to my destiny is me

« Reply #339 on: November 16, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »

Still ENTJ

We must come to know we are more than anyone's opinion--including our own
Dr.Me2

« Reply #340 on: November 22, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »

I tested INTJ 5 years ago and my score today is also INTJ:

Introverted (I) 61.29% Extroverted (E) 38.71%

Intuitive (N) 75.86% Sensing (S) 24.14%

Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%

Judging (J) 57.58% Perceiving (P) 42.42%

HarmKrakow

« Reply #341 on: November 23, 2013, 03:27:07 AM »

Extroverted (E) 65.71% Introverted (I) 34.29%

Sensing (S) 55.56% Intuitive (N) 44.44%

Thinking (T) 76.47% Feeling (F) 23.53%

Perceiving (P) 71.88% Judging (J) 28.13%
Ironmanrises

« Reply #342 on: November 23, 2013, 11:40:58 PM »

I tested ISFJ. "Conservator"

Introverted (I) 75% Extroverted (E) 25%

Sensing (S) 51.28% Intuitive (N) 48.72%

Feeling (F) 61.11% Thinking (T) 38.89%

Judging (J) 70.97% Perceiving (P) 29.03%

starshine

Relationship status: out of r/s w/baby daddy 15 yrs, out of r/s w/N/BPD exbf 2+ yrs

« Reply #343 on: November 24, 2013, 12:00:04 AM »

ENFJ   "Persuader"

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Extroverted (E) 68.42% Introverted (I) 31.58%

Intuitive (N) 55.81% Sensing (S) 44.19%

Feeling (F) 68.57% Thinking (T) 31.43%

Judging (J) 54.05% Perceiving (P) 45.95%

Gidget

Relationship status: married

« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2013, 11:25:09 AM »

Just clicked on the site to take the test and it stated Norton blocked a web attack from this site
clljhns

« Reply #345 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »

Your type is: ISTJ

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

blissful_camper

« Reply #346 on: May 04, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »

Skip, I'm an INFP. You pose an interesting question here. These are some of the traits of INFP's that might me incompatible with my exBPD:

INFPs, more than other intuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives?  

Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right.

Interesting summary of INFP.  I'm an INFP.  That explains a lot, thank you. 
Hurtbeyondrepair27

Relationship status: single (1 month)

« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »

INFP

Introverted (I) 66% Extroverted (E) 34%

Intuitive (N) 56% Sensing (S) 44%

Feeling (F) 67% Thinking (T) 33%

Perceiving (P) 97% Judging (J) 3%

goldylamont

« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2014, 10:32:58 PM »

i just took two different online tests and they both say i'm ENFP. not sure how accurate these are really, but was kind of surprised they came out with similar results. also it says that Salmon Rushdie is ENFP--he's one of my favorite authors!  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Tausk
Formerly "Schroeder's Piano"

« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2014, 11:28:10 PM »

Thanks Goldy:  Yeah, I figured you'd be something like that. 

There's an extraordinary number of us on this board who are INXX.  I don't take much creed in the the test, but I find it interesting that INFJ, like myself, are about 1.5% of the general population and the least common, but are about 10% of the "nons". 

The INXX's tend to be more lonely, live in sadness, shame based, and idealistic... .so I guess that makes sense as well.

I'm curious what BPD's fall under.  I'd bet similar to INXX.  Unstable sense of self.  I guess that why so many of us INXX "nons" also wonder if we have BPD by the end of the interaction.
Blimblam

« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2014, 02:08:36 AM »

I am an INFP also.

wow a lot of INFPs on here. I was at one point in my life an INFJ and I was a really different person then Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

A lot of NFs on here and that really makes sense to me and validates me in so many ways.

ziniztar

Relationship status: I chose to end the r/s end of October 2014. He cheated and pushed every button he could to push me away until I had to leave.

« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »

ESTP

Flexible and tolerant, they take a pragmatic approach focused on immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them – they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here-and-now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing.

I guess that underlines my tagline... .  Smiling (click to insert in post) Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
PleaseValidate

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2014, 05:17:33 AM »

I'm INTP today. The IN are usually stable but the other 2 usually fluctuate depending on the year.

TheBPDSurvivor

« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2014, 04:02:19 AM »

I just took a free test and found it almost accurate describing my personality.

It takes less than 5 mins to take this test and no email or registration required. Simply take the free test and post your results below.

My personality type is ESTP.
Junknown

Relationship status: Over - After 1 year and 7 months

« Reply #354 on: August 28, 2014, 04:26:17 AM »

Done this test sometimes on different websites. Seems im an INTJ.  Is there any proven relation found for linking the personality types with the tendency to have a relationship with a borderline and how long it lasts? Mine lasted 1 year and 7 months. But if i had trusted my rational side it wouldnt have gone past some days... .
BuildingFromScratch

« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2014, 04:33:26 AM »

INFP
RedDove

« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2014, 10:12:56 AM »

I'm INFJ and was entangled with my BPD exbf for almost 4 years.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »

Coincidentally I took this test a couple of days ago and I'm INTJ.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Danie14

Relationship status: married

« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »

I'm INFJ

Introverted (I) 67% Extroverted (E) 33%

Intuitive (N) 53% Sensing (S) 47%

Feeling (F) 72% Thinking (T) 28%

Judging (J) 63% Perceiving (P) 37%

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

I've taken this assessment on a few different occasion and always come up the same. Not quite sure what it means, tho, not really.

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post), found this also after clicking the 'find out what it means' tab at the bottom:

INFJ

creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

*the descriptions listed here are made up of personality items. people who scored high on this type scored higher on the above items compared to the average. (more info)

favored careers: psychotherapist, artist, art curator, bookstore owner, freelance writer, poet, teacher (art, drama, english), library assistant, professor of english, painter, novelist, book editor, copywriter, philosopher, environmentalist, bookseller, museum curator, opera singer, magazine editor, archivist, music therapist, screenwriter, film director, creative director, librarian, social services worker, art historian, sign language interpreter, photo journalist, makeup artist, photo journalist, homemaker

disfavored careers: airline pilot, race car driver, businessman, information technology consultant, executive, administrator, supervisor, bartender, lab technician, restaurant owner, strategist, ceo, bar owner, marketing specialist, business consultant

Pingo

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »

INFJ here as well.  Would guess my ex is an ISTJ.
Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 14  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions