Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 19, 2018, 08:41:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Harley Quinn, Harri, Once Removed, pearlsw, wendydarling, Wentworth
Ambassadors: Flourdust, Mutt, Turkish, Woolspinner2000, BeagleGirl, bluek9, Cat Familiar, CryWolf, Enabler, Feeling Better, formflier, Insom, Learning2Thrive, Merlot, Mustbeabetterway, Radcliff, RolandOfEld, spero, zachira
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Login Register  
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is meant by diminished executive function (poor executive control)?  (Read 49249 times)
Lady Itone

Person in your life: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »

Ok yeah, it's what I keep referring to as "making bad decisions." Seemingly deliberate acts of self sabotage

Examples:

Deciding to stay alone in the eye of a cat 4 hurricane while the rest of us evacuated. Then getting drunk while the last chances to leave slipped away.

Taking enough adderall to induce psychotic episodes (a few times). One was so bad she walked naked down the highway. The police assumed she'd been raped and she was subjected to a rape kit

Putting her birth certificate boat and motorcycle title on top of he recycling pile. Then yelling at me when I recycled them not noticing what they were.

Taking Molly before a math exam. She didn't pass.

Climbing through my window because she wanted to be with me though I'd already threatened to call police.

Buying a sailboat which she has no idea how to sail or maintain and no money to upkeep

Breaking every boundary I give her so I can no longer be in a relationship with her, though she wants to be with me

It must be awful to have your own judgement steer you wrong time and time again

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: