Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:43:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overestimating BPD's Good Looks  (Read 735 times)
goldylamont

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2013, 03:59:24 AM »

my ex, unfortunately was quite the looker. the first time i met her briefly i thought she was one of the best looking women i'd seen. i didn't see her again for three years and when i did (just before we started dating) she was still just as good looking. wasn't just me, everybody refers to her looks, even gay men would be like "where's that gorgeous gf of yours", bosses, friends, strangers, passersby. i dunno i'm sure she wouldn't be somebody's bag of tea but no i don't think i overestimated her beauty. she could hang with the best of them as far as looks, but she is also a very very ugly person. people that don't know her well describe her as gorgeous, beautiful, nice. people that do know her ugly side call her every low name in the book, even an old roomate of hers said the C-word was much too high of a compliment for her. it hurts me too to hear this but i know she deserves it. and now i'm letting this reality pour all over any remnant memory of her looks. b/c she was also nasty, mean and stupid
VeryFree
Formerly known as 'VeryScared' and 'ABitAnnoyed'

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2013, 06:14:07 PM »

I had a wonderful experience this week, that I want to post in this topic:

I was talking to a womanfriend, who has been a big help the last months. This woman isn't good-looking, but during our conversation it just hit me: maybe your not good-looking, but you are a beautiful person.

Something to think about... .  
bb12

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

This is an awesome topic!

yeah - I guess when we are dissecting the spell we have been under, the physical is one of those areas that leaves us perplexed.

I thought my ex was so extraordinary, that not being a part of his amazing future, was one of the main things I was grieving. But now, I look at the one or two photos I have of him (the rest went in a burning ceremony at Christmas time LOL), and can not see anything attractive about him at all. He is plain. No two ways about it.

The devaluation or maltreatment does something to our view of them. Our pride demands a return to the halcyon days and in pursuing that, our mind tricks us into believing they are the one; amazing; unique; the hottest thing on the planet.

When the dust settles and their greatness has not become evident to the world and they are not the successful, rich, famous, acclaimed person we were duped into believg they would be... .  that same reality check against their physicality also happens. We buy into the narcissistic aspirations they had for themselves, but when we drop that completely and lift our own self-esteem, these folks become as ugly on the outside as they are on the inside!

bb12
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 12:09:40 AM »

Staff only

This thread has reached the page limit and is now locked.  Feel free to pick one of the topics from the thread to start a new one.

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest