Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:00:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The inevitable getting dumped.  (Read 341 times)
cylec

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 11, 2013, 10:26:35 PM »

First off let me emphatically state:  I AM NOT A VICTIM!

I won't go into great details on the last 10 mos. of hell being in a relationship with a BPD'er.  My experience has practically mirrored so many folks who have told their story already.

About 10 mos. ago entered into a relationship with my girlfriend.   She told me from day one she had, "Anger issues".   Yeah, right!   Yah think?  For some reason I still fell for her hook line and sinker.   The next 10 mos. have been a living hell:  The insane jealousy, the raging, threats, name calling, accusations, hell, I'm surprised I am not responsible for the sinking of the Titanic and the extinction of dinosaurs.

A few weeks ago, after innumerable breakups and makeups (I would guess 2 - 3 a week) she let slip she has BPD.   Now, like so many others, I had no clue what the heck that was.   I immediately looked it up and had my EUREKA moment.  For 3 weeks, almost every spare moment, I studied and soaked up as much information on BPD as I could.  I ordered Stop Walking on Eggshells and read it.   My first knee jerk reaction was to break it off with her, which I did.   Well, just because I broke it off I didn't stop studying everything I could.   So, after her full court press I came to the decision I was wiser and infinitely much more intelligent than all of the good experienced people here and figured I could be the one person who could "cure" a BPD'er and we would live happily ever after.   Guess ya'll can see where that went, huh?

Day before yesterday, after a whole week of not arguing and being on the road to evermore, she dumped me like a hot rock out of the clear blue.  All kidding aside, I truly did see it coming.   Thanks to the wonderful folks here who have been through all this before I was armed this time with the knowledge to expect it.

I'm okay, yah, it hurts.   I am trying my best to separate the person from the disorder, but am having a bit of trouble with that.   I am convinced in my mind that she, and all who suffer from BPD are spawns of satan sent into this word to torment and destroy all whose life they touch.

I do not suffer from an over inflated ego, but hey, one has to be realistic.   I pray that when (not if) she becomes needy again and contacts me wanting to reconcile that I will hold true to what I know and keep running like a marathon sprinter from her.

Does any company manufacture a "BPD Detection Device"?  Is there a little wand I can wave at any woman I find mildly attractive and if it detects any trace of BPD it will deliver a high voltage shock to force me to turn the other direction and never remember her face?    Yah, didn't think so, but a guy can dream.

I would like to thank all of the wonderful and kind folks here who have taken the time to respond to my questions.   I would also like to say my prayers are with all of those who find themselves sucked into the hell of a relationship with a BPD'er.

Thankfully I am a recovering alcoholic and member of AA so I already have a support base in place to lean on during this time of hurting.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest