Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:28:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My girlfriend left me for her ex after 6 months - update  (Read 3589 times)
whiteknight4152

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 16, 2018, 08:37:51 PM »

So update,

I emailed her a positive message earlier sending her some good vibes and wishing her luck for finals week.I also told her that i pray for her health and success every night. I also stated that life is too short and unpredictable so i just wanted to tell her that i love her.  I hope this lets her know that i still care for her and no matter her actions, I forgive her. If she ever gets to the point where she wants to talk to me again or reconnect, hopefully this email will have made her more inclined to do so.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

whiteknight4152

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:34:22 PM »

I just found out that she was already talking to her ex before we had broken up.

I can’t believe she cheated on me. I find this out the day after I sent her the positive message over email. Here I am telling her how great she is in this message, when she cheated on me before we had broken up. Then continued to string me along for weeks after.

I don’t know what to feel. I’m so hurt and disgusted. Yet part of me still longs for her. Cheating was always one thing that neither of us could fathom. Yet, she has done it to me. I don’t know what to think anymore.
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:02:56 AM »

whiteknight,

I'm sorry for the rough news.  All of your feelings are completely natural.  It can be especially unsettling to have a swirl of many emotions going on at once.  Just observe those emotions to yourself.  It's OK to experience them.  Your feelings and thoughts will evolve over time.  You may feel better, then take a step back, then start to feel better again.  She knows you care for her.  Now keep caring for yourself.

How are you doing with the anxiety?

WW
whiteknight4152

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »

whiteknight,

I'm sorry for the rough news.  All of your feelings are completely natural.  It can be especially unsettling to have a swirl of many emotions going on at once.  Just observe those emotions to yourself.  It's OK to experience them.  Your feelings and thoughts will evolve over time.  You may feel better, then take a step back, then start to feel better again.  She knows you care for her.  Now keep caring for yourself.

How are you doing with the anxiety?

WW

I just don't understand. so were her original reasons for breaking up with me a lie? Because i found out due to social media that they were together before we broke up. Why did she lie to me and not give me the truth? then painted me out to be the bad guy. I wonder if my email sparked anything inside her. I hope that one day she comes back to me to reconcile even after everything she has done. I honestly still think that i was her fairytale of a guy and everything she ever wanted in a partner, and she was scared that i would get tired of her (because of her moods and BPD) so in her head, before i could leave her, she had to self destruct and leave me, then go back to what she knew was familiar and comfortable (the ex). still working through anxiety and depression. Trying to reconnect with friends more and do more things socially, it's just tough cause she's racing through my mind non-stop. I'm having trouble finding interest in things i used to love. It makes me scared for future relationships. I've never been one to be in a relationship unless i saw a future with that person. so when i invest myself in someone, i give my everything to them. how am i supposed to trust anyone after this? we were both convinced that we were going to be together forever, loved each other deeply, and i find out she's reconnecting with her toxic ex before we breakup probably because of the "fairytale" scenario. I don't want to go through this pain and turmoil again, it has drained everything from me. Yet, i still have enough energy in my body to long for her.
whiteknight4152

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »

So update,

I emailed her a positive message earlier sending her some good vibes and wishing her luck for finals week.I also told her that i pray for her health and success every night. I also stated that life is too short and unpredictable so i just wanted to tell her that i love her.  I hope this lets her know that i still care for her and no matter her actions, I forgive her. If she ever gets to the point where she wants to talk to me again or reconnect, hopefully this email will have made her more inclined to do so.

UPDATE:

I received an email response from her this morning. All she said was "Good luck on finals. and thanks." I emailed her monday and she replied this friday morning. Where do I go from here? I knew she had to see the email on monday. Does it mean anything that she decided to message back after 5 days?
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 01:29:57 AM »

UPDATE:

I received an email response from her this morning. All she said was "Good luck on finals. and thanks." I emailed her monday and she replied this friday morning. Where do I go from here? I knew she had to see the email on monday. Does it mean anything that she decided to message back after 5 days?

I'm no expert, but I'd read this as her acting to cool things down and not encourage you, yet giving you respect and courtesy.  It beats being ignored!  Remember, the one who's being chased in a relationship has the power.  You probably want to wait at least double that interval, two weeks, before e-mailing her (I just made time interval up, there's nothing precise about it).

Yes, it is very frustrating and sad when we feel like we have everything our pwBPD needs, yet it seems that they can't see it!

I know you are still hoping to reconnect with her, but there is a ton of good information that I think might help you on this bpdfamily page on coping with a breakup.

WW
whiteknight4152

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 01:45:33 PM »

I'm no expert, but I'd read this as her acting to cool things down and not encourage you, yet giving you respect and courtesy.  It beats being ignored!  Remember, the one who's being chased in a relationship has the power.  You probably want to wait at least double that interval, two weeks, before e-mailing her (I just made time interval up, there's nothing precise about it).

Yes, it is very frustrating and sad when we feel like we have everything our pwBPD needs, yet it seems that they can't see it!

I know you are still hoping to reconnect with her, but there is a ton of good information that I think might help you on this bpdfamily page on coping with a breakup.

WW

Where do I go from heRe? I don’t want to leave off like this... so if I wait two weeks to respond, what do I say? I’ll read up on that...
ML211
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »

Hey White Knight, read through your post.  I just wanted to offer you some encouragement. 

About 7 months ago, my UexBPDgf broke up with me out of the blue.  We had been together for a year, and moved in together for the last 3 months of the relationship.  To make matters worse, I was about 2 weeks away from proposing (had the ring, met the family, etc... .) and she also had a daughter from a previous marriage that started taking to me like a father figure... .so needless to say, I was crushed.  2 weeks later she was back to online dating (how we actually met in the first place) and had a new BF within a week after that.

Only months later after talking with a therapist to get help getting better from the breakup, did I learn about BPD... .and everything was so spot on.

I say all this because I too had a lot of the same feelings you are describing when all of this finally came to light.  I was so distraught when she started dating someone new, and how she completely painted me "black" as if she basically was describing me as though I was the worse BF in the world to her, and completely messed with my reputation among our mutual friends, I honestly didn't know how to cope.

For several months, she was all I could think about, how she was with a new guy, and how much I was just hoping for the day she'd flip on him and see me again as the "white" BF of old and leave him to be back with me... .but then, one day, I just realized, I didn't want to be someone's 2nd option or their recycled goods.

I know right now that you might be hoping to one day get her back, but encourage you to really take this time to take a moment to really think about things and find that you really are worth more than this girl and deserve better.  I know it's easy for me, a complete stranger, to say, but honestly, it will get better man, I promise.  Being cheated on is difficult enough, but on top of everything else, I can only empathize with how you must feel.

At the end of the day, the one thing that helped me the most was when I finally realized that no relationship worth its value should ever cause you to endure so much heartbreak and pain.  You're young, and you'll bounce back.  I too suffer from bad anxiety, and was a mess for several months, but honestly, now, I am so much stronger of a person from having pulled myself back up from such a horrible breakup, that even things that used to make me anxious for no reason, now don't bother me as much anymore.  I just encourage you to use this time to refocus and reflect on who you are and what you have to give to this world, and take this situation as a blessing in disguise... .as when you find the right person who values you the right way, you might actually be able to take a moment and smile... .knowing that you're better off without her... .and how glad you are that you're not the poor guy she went back to, who has no idea what he just got himself back into. 
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 01:54:12 AM »

Where do I go from heRe? I don’t want to leave off like this... so if I wait two weeks to respond, what do I say? I’ll read up on that...

You don't have to go exactly by what I said -- the main point is just not to make her feel you are chasing her.

The truth is that you can only control half of this equation -- you.  You can be kind to her and signal that you are still open to seeing her.  But she is going to do what she is going to do.  Things depend on the state of her relationship with her ex, and how she feels inside.  Don't burden yourself with thinking that if you were brilliant enough you could save things singlehandedly.

What do you say?  That's up to you.  Don't talk about anything that puts pressure on her, and don't ask any questions.  Observe something positive.  "Hi, hope you are well, it was a sunny day today and it made me think of the time we did XYZ.  Take care!"  Something like that, perhaps.  I am absolutely not a pro at this, so think about it and I bet you could come up with some even better ideas.

WW
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 11:29:50 AM »

We certainly don't know what is going on in her mind, but this is what it all sounds like... .

When you met her, she was recovering from a breakup that really hurt her. When a 20-something says they think they are going to be single for life, that means their heart is deepy wounded and closed down.

You, however, broke through that. However, she had not fully grieved her loss. So while it was unlimited love on your side, she was dealing with two things - the positive side of what you two were doing and the deep hurt that still haunted her soul and that she handn't grieved . You gave her a chance to bob above the water line of the hurt... .but it was still there.

For whatever reason, she and her ex talked again and decided to give it another shot. As I said, she was not completely over him and there is a lot of history there... .This is the dark side to romance... .this stuff happens all the time.

Most likely all the negative stuff you heard about you was not about you at all. It was her struggling to deal with betraying you. She didn't know how to tell you, how to handle it. The feeling unsafe most likely is about her not wanting you to cross paths with her ex. You don't know what she has said to him - she may have said she wasn't dating as part of her effort to open the door backs up.  You are collateral damage to the primary story of her breaking up, being wounded, and the two of them uniting.

I'm sure this is hard to hear. It will however help you process this thing and make sense of what has happened... .and guide your follow-up moves.

So, to go to your question... .

Where do I go from heRe?

Two things. One, she is back in a relationship with the other guy. Two, despite all the harsh things she said, her email indicates that she respect you and realizes you got the raw end of the deal and she knows that you are a good guy.

You really only have one good choice. Back off with dignity and grace (be the best man you can be) and play the long game (as they say in golf).

Why is the long game? Well, whatever blew up their relationship before has a better than 50% chance to blow it up again. How long? Hard to say, but more like 60-180 days than a week. Trying to reconnect the relationship before things go bad with them is destructive. It has to play out with them.

What is the long game? Make yourself the best you can be. Do things to make yourself strong and attractive.  Attractive to her, should be decide after dealing with this guy that you are the better man. Attractive to others, should be decide you waited long enough (or you feel she is not that type of person you want).

What do I say to here? Lightly keep the lines of communication open. She responded to this last email in 5 days. That's a clear signal to not flood her email box with more of the same. She got the message that despite what went down, you still love her. Don't say it again. It's done. Delivered. The worst thing you can do is "over-pursue" her.

I'd do as Wentworth suggests. Wait two weeks and said her something "light/whimsical". Something that will remind her of what she likes about you but doesn't pressure her or seem weak/needy/doormat-ish.

Any ideas?

whiteknight4152

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 12:12:34 PM »

I know right now that you might be hoping to one day get her back, but encourage you to really take this time to take a moment to really think about things and find that you really are worth more than this girl and deserve better.  I know it's easy for me, a complete stranger, to say, but honestly, it will get better man, I promise.  Being cheated on is difficult enough, but on top of everything else, I can only empathize with how you must feel.

At the end of the day, the one thing that helped me the most was when I finally realized that no relationship worth its value should ever cause you to endure so much heartbreak and pain.  You're young, and you'll bounce back.  I too suffer from bad anxiety, and was a mess for several months, but honestly, now, I am so much stronger of a person from having pulled myself back up from such a horrible breakup, that even things that used to make me anxious for no reason, now don't bother me as much anymore.  I just encourage you to use this time to refocus and reflect on who you are and what you have to give to this world, and take this situation as a blessing in disguise... .as when you find the right person who values you the right way, you might actually be able to take a moment and smile... .knowing that you're better off without her... .and how glad you are that you're not the poor guy she went back to, who has no idea what he just got himself back into. 

Thanks so much man. This post just made my day a little better. It's nice to know i'm not alone in all of this. I actually have made an appointment to speak to a therapist as well. It hurts me to think that i've been knocked down so low, i'm having to resort to medication and therapy. I've never had this much pain from a breakup. It feels great knowing this community has my back.
whiteknight4152

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »

We certainly don't know what is going on in her mind, but this is what it all sounds like... .

Thank you so much for this great insight. All of my friends and family are pretty much tired of hearing me grieve over this as it has been nearly 2 months. Everyone thinks i'm insane for entertaining the thought of wanting to be back with her. It hurts me that everything went down the way it did, when we loved each other so much. However, i lost myself and my identity in the process. I'm currently a broken man, and am in no position to love someone as of right now. I have to work on myself for my sake. I've never been one to get hurt by relationships or women, but this has left me in pieces. I'm most definitely willing to play the long game. Maybe in two weeks after schools out i can send her a message like "hey hope finals went well... .etc" or send something light like a memory we both shared together?
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 12:35:38 PM »

Thank you so much for this great insight. All of my friends and family are pretty much tired of hearing me grieve over this as it has been nearly 2 months. Everyone thinks i'm insane for entertaining the thought of wanting to be back with her. It hurts me that everything went down the way it did, when we loved each other so much. However, i lost myself and my identity in the process. I'm currently a broken man, and am in no position to love someone as of right now. I have to work on myself for my sake. I've never been one to get hurt by relationships or women, but this has left me in pieces. I'm most definitely willing to play the long game. Maybe in two weeks after schools out i can send her a message like "hey hope finals went well... .etc" or send something light like a memory we both shared together?

Run your draft by the members here when the time comes. You have be subtle - its not about reselling the relationship memories, that won't help, its about being attractive.

You need to rebuild yourself. That's a given. Work here with everyone else who is doing it.

Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »

whiteknight,

You are on the right track.  Skip had a good idea to run a draft by members here.  I think your thought of saying you hoped she had good finals and perhaps wishing her a good summer are spot on.

WW
whiteknight4152

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »

Run your draft by the members here when the time comes. You have be subtle - its not about reselling the relationship memories, that won't help, its about being attractive.

You need to rebuild yourself. That's a given. Work here with everyone else who is doing it.

I definitely will. I agree I shouldn't try to resell the relationship. I'll just have to figure out a message that is attractive... .Do you have any ideas on how to get me started with that? I don't want to write something that is just a memory of the relationship since she's with the ex and will most likely shut it down. But something that gets her attention and is lighthearted...
whiteknight4152

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »

I am met with another crossroads. My BPDex has a growing food business page on facebook. I helped her with this aspect as we loved cooking, posting, and taking food photography together. this is the only page where she hasn't blocked me. Today, she made a post announcing her first food tutorial video with a link attached. I am so proud of her as this was the vision for her business all along. I want to share the post because i'm beyond proud of her. Should i share the post, or will she be angry and resentful that i did so?  Any help is appreciated!
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 10:20:05 PM »

whitenight,

I'm sorry to be slow here!  Sharing her post sounds like a pretty safe thing to do.  I'm curious about what other members might think.  If you think it would feel validating and supportive to her, that could be a good thing to do.

W.r.t. a lighthearted message, maybe her progress with her food business might be something to mention in a short message of encouragement.

Keep us posted!

WW
whiteknight4152

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »

whitenight,

I'm sorry to be slow here!  Sharing her post sounds like a pretty safe thing to do.  I'm curious about what other members might think.  If you think it would feel validating and supportive to her, that could be a good thing to do.

W.r.t. a lighthearted message, maybe her progress with her food business might be something to mention in a short message of encouragement.

Keep us posted!

WW

No worries Wentworth, I’m just so grateful for your support. So I shared the post and she didn’t block me (that was my worry). Next week would mark 2 weeks since she responded to my email, which would also mean finals would be finished. I was thinking about saying something like, “ hey——-! Hope you did well on your finals. Was just thinking about you and wanted to send some good vibes your way!”

Would it be a good idea to mention how proud I am for her progress with the busiensss? Or is that too much? I want to be sweet and subtle, but not too pushy. Also, is it a good idea to message at all? I want to so badly, but I don’t want to become an annoyance since she’s still with the ex. I want to play the long game. I mean I don’t think one message will ruin it, since she previously acknowledged my email. I just don’t wanna ruin my chances is all.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »

hm. one option would be to leave it at having shared her post, then wait a couple/few weeks before anything else.

a followup message though, would still be fairly safe, but id keep it short, one or two sentences like youve laid out. maybe drop the line about the finals, replace it with the congrats on her business.

i wouldnt use words like "proud" (im really picky, and id keep emotional investment out of it), but more of a "congratulations" kind of thing, and sending the good vibes her way.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
whiteknight4152

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 10:25:33 PM »

Something just clicked this evening. Initially when we broke up, she told me that she’d probably go back to someone who treats her like sh**. Because that’s what she deserves and that whatever happens to her, just now she deserves it. Then I talked her down, and made her promise if anything happened between us organically down the road, she wouldn’t force it away, and she promised. Now that I know she was talking to the ex before we broke up, it makes sense. It’s almost like she knows what’s going to happen because of how he treated her before, and she realized she was making a bad call, but had to go back because maybe something changed with him and it could be different. So In the back of her mind, even she knows this will probably be short-lived since she told me that.
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »

Your theory about what's going on in her head is possible, though as you know you're best energy is spent on things you know and control.

Your message idea, with once removed's comments, sounds good.  I agree with once removed that "proud" can be a loaded term, since it could imply a superior relationship, or at least an equal relationship with a strong bond of trust.  She may not want to be vulnerable enough to openly grant you that "power."  You can say your excited to see the business progress or something like that.

I agree with you, I don't think one message is going to kill it.  Send a note at the two week mark as you planned, and then see what happens.  If she responds, then perhaps you try another one in two weeks.  If she doesn't respond, you wait three weeks for the next one.  Eventually you may hit an interval that she is responsive to, which safely keeps you on her mind, without her feeling like you are pursuing.

WW
whiteknight4152

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 11:12:19 PM »

Your theory about what's going on in her head is possible, though as you know you're best energy is spent on things you know and control.

Your message idea, with once removed's comments, sounds good.  I agree with once removed that "proud" can be a loaded term, since it could imply a superior relationship, or at least an equal relationship with a strong bond of trust.  She may not want to be vulnerable enough to openly grant you that "power."  You can say your excited to see the business progress or something like that.

WW

Since the last thing she said was good luck on finals, i still want to touch on that. How about, "Hey _____! Hope you did well on your finals. I'm excited to see the progress of _______.  Was just thinking about you and wanted to send some good vibes your way."

How does that sound? yeah i hope one message doesn't ruin things. I keep re-reading Skip's post about playing the long game. My goal is to not try to reconnect the relationship before things go bad with her and the ex. I want that to play out, but also keep the line of communication open between us. If that makes sense?
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 11:27:45 PM »

Since the last thing she said was good luck on finals, i still want to touch on that. How about, "Hey _____! Hope you did well on your finals. I'm excited to see the progress of _______.  Was just thinking about you and wanted to send some good vibes your way."

Good message  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

How does that sound? yeah i hope one message doesn't ruin things. I keep re-reading Skip's post about playing the long game. My goal is to not try to reconnect the relationship before things go bad with her and the ex. I want that to play out, but also keep the line of communication open between us. If that makes sense?

Good plan  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
whiteknight4152

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 05:19:46 PM »

Good message  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Good plan  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

UPDATE
So I email her yesterday and she just replied, “That’s very kind. I appreciate that.” Where do I go from here?
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 12:18:23 AM »

UPDATE
So I email her yesterday and she just replied, “That’s very kind. I appreciate that.” Where do I go from here?

That's great!  What was the interval you used between your messages?  About two weeks?  Her quick reply means that the interval didn't make her feel crowded.  If she was single and your interval was 14 days, I might say pull it in a couple of days next time.  But since you're just trying to keep yourself on her mind until something blows up with the current guy, you might want to maintain that interval.  In a couple of weeks, you could e-mail her something that lets her know you're thinking about her.  You heard a song on the radio she likes and was wondering how her summer is going, etc.

WW
whiteknight4152

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 12:32:49 AM »

That's great!  What was the interval you used between your messages?  About two weeks?  Her quick reply means that the interval didn't make her feel crowded.  If she was single and your interval was 14 days, I might say pull it in a couple of days next time.  But since you're just trying to keep yourself on her mind until something blows up with the current guy, you might want to maintain that interval.  In a couple of weeks, you could e-mail her something that lets her know you're thinking about her.  You heard a song on the radio she likes and was wondering how her summer is going, etc.

WW

Awesome, should I take this as a good sign? I mean the last time I had seen her she split me black and was tearing me down, but now she’s responding telling me I’m very kind and she appreciates my message to her. I know I’m putting a lot of emphasis on just a short message, but I was honestly expecting either no response or a bad one. Now that she’s responded like this within a day, it feels like she’s seeing me as white again maybe? Yes, so I waited 2 weeks last time, and messaged yesterday, and she responded today.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 04:01:45 PM »

i would go a bit more under the radar over time, or at least be less direct.

two week reach outs, or one week, or three, wont get you very far, i dont think, and she may start to see through them. mentally, it may keep you just counting the days. if youre going to reach out, it makes sense to me to go with something more meaningful and poignant, and im not sure thats even necessarily the best strategy in this case. dont be too available.

youre social media friends, right?

if thats the case, 'liking' her statuses/posts will accomplish pretty much the same thing.

in the mean time, id get busy living my best life, and i would post about it, not so much to win her back, but in terms of thinking of "living my best life" as a sort of project. the catch is that doing so is attractive. it also keeps you on her radar. and id take small opportunities like liking her posts, or commenting if i have something cute or clever to say. if shes especially responsive, or if she initiates, you have a whole lot more to work with, and at that point reaching out every few weeks becomes a lot more effective.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
whiteknight4152

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »

So she hadn’t posted on her business page in a week until this afternoon. (She never goes without more than 2-3 days). I Was at work with a friend and she posted a picture of a meal on her page that we had made together. She stated that she was sorry to everyone who follows her for her absense, but a lot of changes have came into her life causing her to not be able to post. Seeing it was a pic of a dish we mad  together, I wanted to like it. My friend however said, her boyfriend might see it (already liked the post) and would take it out on her that I was still liking her things, and in return that would go poorly in my favor... I went ahead and did it, not seeing any harm especially since it was something we made together. I’ve put all my accounts on public so she can see (if she wanted to) everything I post. Her not posting on her business account is not like her, so I’m concerned for her. Liking the pic acknowledges that we made that together and hopefully this causes her to initiate contact before the 2 weeks in which I had planned on emailing her again. Her stating on her page that “a lot of changes are going on in her life” makes me feel like she’s down. I want to email her a something that made me think of her that would surely lift her spirits BEFORE the 2 weeks if she’s at a low point, but wanted to ask here first.  Thoughts?
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2018, 10:40:24 PM »

My first thought is that the potential downsides of e-mailing her sooner than two weeks is bigger than the potential upside.  Not only do you want to avoid pursuing her, trying to soothe her when she is down is kind of an intimate thing to do -- it's turning up the heat.  Mine is just one opinion; it'd be good to hear different perspectives from other members on this.

WW
whiteknight4152

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 05:30:28 AM »

My first thought is that the potential downsides of e-mailing her sooner than two weeks is bigger than the potential upside.  Not only do you want to avoid pursuing her, trying to soothe her when she is down is kind of an intimate thing to do -- it's turning up the heat.  Mine is just one opinion; it'd be good to hear different perspectives from other members on this.

WW

You’re right WW. Sometimes it’s just hard to resist when you can tell something is off. The next message I have for her though I think she’d like and could be a conversation starter instead of a generic “thinking of you just wanted to send good vibes message.” So looking forward to that. Doing a lot of cool stuff on my social media accounthis as well (in the back of my head I know she’d like). But for myself. Almost like a daily log making sure I keep up with myself and stay improving!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest