Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 19, 2024, 04:50:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop ruminating  (Read 2423 times)
Amelia42

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Seperated

« on: November 30, 2019, 10:08:01 PM »

All I can think about is who she is with. Why did she cheat. She blames it all on me. At first I caught her texting another woman and lying then four days later cheated after I freaked out. She has spun it to be all my fault. I had trust issues and now she has destroyed me.
Lucky Jim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:06:05 AM »

Excerpt
She blames it all on me. At first I caught her texting another woman and lying then four days later cheated after I freaked out. She has spun it to be all my fault.

Hey Amelia42, Those w/BPD are experts at shifting blame to the Non, which gets the issues off their plate and onto yours.  Your task is to decline to take responsibility for her side of the equation.  I have a saying: "Poison is harmless if you don't ingest it"!

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
dt9000

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »

Hi Amelia. As Jim said, pwBPD excel at blame shifting. I.e. "you did whatever so that's why I cheated on you."  It's effective because there may be some truth in their blame shift. You were upset about her texting someone, which led to an argument (I'm paraphrasing) therefore she feels justified in cheating. I've been in that position and even apologized to my pwBPD for being upset because she was having an affair. How toxic is that? Yikes, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)!

About ruminating, or negative thought cycles: I need to make a conscious effort to stop and redirect my thoughts when I catch myself ruminating. It takes effort and practice but it does work. Writing out your feelings in a journal can also be helpful. Although I find I need to write it down and then consciously put it out of my mind until I can sit down and write again.

dt9000
Amelia42

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Seperated

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 12:01:57 AM »

Thank you Lucky and dt. I am really trying not to ruminate. I have to see her at work and she is so arrogant and cocky. She has told her entire family that I constantly accused her of cheating which is not true. When we first met I had such bad trust issues and I told her I was not comfortable with her having private conversations with any women. She claims that every time in 7 years I asked her If she was okay, as she wasn’t talking to me, she claims I asked her if I was attracted to someone else, which is not true. She has made me out to be this crazy person. I was so kind to her. So patient, even though she could barely stand me anymore for whatever reason. She starts over again with every new person. She distorted the truth so I felt crazy. She acted so indignant when I called her on her lies. Her claim to fame is she was so loyal. Until she wasn’t.  She’s a stranger to me. I wondered why she had no memories of her first wife around. Nothing. She just starts all over with someone else.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest