Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 09:02:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help? From Hero to Villain  (Read 370 times)
Lee T
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: April 19, 2021, 05:08:18 AM »

Hi all,

I'm a 46 year old guy who has recently split from someone suffering with BPD. She was the absolute love of my life, yet, sadly, when push came to shove, she chose to end the relationship with me due to her inability to compromise in order for us to create a happy living environment. Ironically, cats. She owns three enormous Maincoons (google them, you'll not believe what massive beats they are) and I simply couldn't accommodate all of them, but was willing to live with one, possibly two even though they drove me mad. I guess fault lies on both parties for what some may interpret as trivialities?

So, since being painted black for some two months, I've read books on BPD and reached out to the online BPD community to try understand / heal / win her back. Every attempt I've made to try and reach to her has been met with anger and dismissal.

We were engaged, and I can honestly say that the three and a half years I spent with her made my happier than I have ever been.

Can somebody please try and help me understand why one minute I am her hero, only for the next minute to be completely devalued and ignored the next?

I know it is textbook of the BPD, but the pain I feel is so all consuming that I'm experiencing some very dark thoughts, drink at dangerous levels (simply to pass out) and and fear for my long term well-being.

If anyone can offer some crumb of comfort, to help me unfathom why the BPD sufferer can literally close down on someone that claimed to have loved you, almost idolised, you will really help me.

I feel like a boxer who just keeps getting knocked over, yet finds the strength to get back on their feet, only to receive more punishment.

Thank you for reading.

Best wishes.

Lee.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest