Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type. See link for test below. ( ) = percentage in the US population.
ISTJ (11.6%)
ISFJ (13.8%)
INFJ (1.5%)
INTJ (2.1%)
ISTP (5.4%)
ISFP (8.8%)
INFP (4.3%)
INTP (3.3%)
ESTP (4.3%)
ESFP (8.5%)
ENFP (8.1%)
ENTP (3.2%)
ESTJ (8.7%)
ESFJ (12.3%)
ENFJ (2.4%)
ENTJ (1.8%)
---> See first page of thread for data table!

Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Self reflection. Take a look. Take the test. What are your results?  (Read 25362 times)
Traumatized

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2014, 10:45:51 PM »

I have consistently tested as INFP over the 25 years that I have taken the tests.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2014, 12:28:05 AM »

I was ISTP (engineer, which is what I do for a living) when I took the test months ago, analyzing the breakdown of my r/s. People here said it. My T said that I was being very analytical about things.

Now I'm ISFP (artist), so now I'm more feeling than thinking. Therapy is a good career for ISFPs, which is what people have always told me I should do, including my T. The technologist/engineer thing is thus far a 22 year side track?

I don't think the I, S, or P will ever change with me.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Eco

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2015, 11:42:45 PM »

INFJ here as well.
going places

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »

Your type is: ISFJ

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

Olivia_D

« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2015, 04:32:01 PM »

INFJ - this has been my score every time I have taken it over the last 12 years.  The only number that really varies is the "thinking" versus "feeling" as sometimes the scores vary but the rest remain spot on.

I was just looking at the voting statistics at the beginning of this thread and recognized that all of the highest percentages of people who have voted (here) all fall into the "Introversion" category and that INFJ, which is I believe the rarest MB category is pretty high in this voting pool.  Introversion and a strong empathetic nature in a non-BPD would seem to be a draw for someone with a PD.  Just a thought.
repititionqueen

« Reply #365 on: September 06, 2015, 08:21:24 PM »

I got ESFJ

My personality type "enjoys supporting their friends and loved ones, organizing social gatherings and doing their best to make sure everyone is happy."

I think that the CONSUL personality type lends itself really well to being in a relationship with someone with BPD because we will put other people's happiness ahead of our own and go to great lengths to understand and please our partners.

Cheers!  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Lifewriter16

Relationship status: GF/BF only. We never lived together.

« Reply #366 on: November 02, 2015, 06:45:03 AM »

ISFP

Hi All,

My result came out as ISFP

Introverted 85%

Sensing 78%

Feeling 51%

Perceiving 65%

Interestingly, I am almost evenly balanced between Feeling and Thinking. I believe this could be because was brought up in a family where emotion wasn't validated and thus I learnt to prioritise thinking, yet I have developed my Feeling capacity and believe that is my natural inclination.

https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP_per.html

"ISFPs are creative, sensitive souls with a great capacity for love. They seek harmony, validation, and affection in their relationships with others. They value creativity and spirituality. Very sensitive and easily hurt by rejection and harshness, they are sometimes drawn to turn their love towards creatures who will love them back unconditionally, such as animals and small children. They believe heartily in unconditional love, and in an individual's right to be themself without being judged harshly for who they are. Of all of the types, the ISFP is most likely to believe that "Love is the answer." For the ISFP, personal success depends upon the condition of their closest relationships, their aesthetic environment and the development of their artistic creativity, their spiritual development, and how much they feel valued and accepted for their individual contributions."

"Nearly all of the problematic characteristics described above can be attributed in various degrees to the common ISFP problem of only taking in data that justifies their personal opinions. ISFPs are usually very intense and sensitive people, and feel seriously threatened by criticism. They are likely to treat any point of view other than their own as criticism of their own perspective... .The main driver to the ISFP personality is Introverted Feeling, whose purpose is to maintain and honor an intensely personal system of values and morals. If an ISFP's personal value system is threatened by external influences, the ISFP shuts out the threatening data in order to preserve and honor their value system. This is totally natural, and works well to protect the individual psyche from getting hurt. However, the ISFP who exercises this type of self-protection regularly will become more and more unaware of other people's perspectives, and thus more and more isolated from a real understanding of the world that they live in. They will always find justification for their own inappropriate behaviors, and will always find fault with the external world for problems that they have in their lives. It will be difficult for them to maintain close personal relationships because they will have unreasonable expectations, and will be unable to accept blame."

Lifewriter x

JaneStorm

« Reply #367 on: December 22, 2015, 10:37:23 AM »

ISTP, still, after all of these years!

Introverted (I) 51%   Extroverted (E) 49%

Sensing (S) 56%       Intuitive (N) 44%

Thinking (T) 54%       Feeling (F) 46%

Perceiving (P) 51%    Judging (J) 49%

I love my Carl Gustav Jung Smiling (click to insert in post)

"You are the love of my life
You are the love of my life
You were the love of my life
This time we know, we know
It's over..."
Thin Line - Macklemore
Fr4nz

« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »

INTJ Smiling (click to insert in post)

Introverted (I) 71% Extroverted (E) 29%

Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%

Thinking (T) 73% Feeling (F) 27%

Judging (J) 77% Perceiving (P) 23%

One thing that is a little bit strange for me is to be 71% introverted... .I feel much more extroverted than that!
eeks
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2016, 09:44:44 PM »

If you are interested in MBTI, I recommend looking up "cognitive functions".  In addition to being "introverted/extroverted" each of the 4 functions (N, S, T, F) is said to be expressed in an introverted or extroverted way.  There's controversy over whether MBTI is a valid predictor of anything, but as a personal awareness tool I find the cognitive functions approach more useful.

Also, I looked at the survey on this thread, and I notice that there are more N than S types, (with the exception of (ESxJ) - this is opposite to the general population (which is something like 75% S, 25% N)

A bit of wild speculation, but because N is interested most in ideas and possibilities, and S is most interested in data brought in by the 5 senses... .for those with an N preference, maybe the pwBPD represents a fascinating mystery to figure out?  (Or we see their "potential"?  I'm guilty of that one)  Whereas the S, with their "what you see is what you get" approach, does not like what they see right now, in the pwBPD?

Moselle

Every day is a gift. Live it fully

« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2016, 10:03:10 PM »

ENFP at the moment.

I have been ENTP in the past, as well as ESTJ, so for me N&S, F&T and P&J are "borderline"  Smiling (click to insert in post)

MammaMia

« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2016, 01:46:53 PM »

ESFJ

Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.

Thanks.
Curiously1

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #372 on: January 02, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »

ENFJ  Smiling (click to insert in post)

purekalm

« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2017, 10:46:58 PM »

ISFJ   

I took it twice and came up with the same result, just a 1% higher in the first letter and a 2% jump in the second. Interesting. =)
steelwork

« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2017, 01:13:37 AM »

Apparently I'm an ENFP this time. Every time I take one of these tests I get a different result. This one in particular is oddly political!
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2017, 08:02:47 AM »

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator was developed in 1944 and it should be stable. The third party has subbed in his own model and is apparently testing it.

Here is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test.
www.similarminds.com/jung_word_pair.html

We fixed the OP.

steelwork

« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »

Now I'm an EFSP!

Skip: my understanding was that the Myers-Briggs indicator is proprietary and is administered by someone with training and certification. Is that true? There are a lot of online Myers-Briggs type tests out there, though. I don't know how to assess their value. Where did this one come from?
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »

There are 93 metrics on Myers-Briggs self test instrument. Our questionnaire (the on that we point members to) has half that. The questionnaire was pretested before we used it and we have many members that have taken the 93 metrics and correlated with this questionnaire. Good? Yes. Exact? No.

Typically the reason we get varied results (if we do) has to do with where we are on the scale. For example, I am on the borderline between E and I. My employees rate me slightly over the mid point at E. I rate myself slight below the midpoint at I. In a professional Myers-Briggs environment they talk about not only the category but the strength of the designation. I fit between two boxes.

There are 4 quadrants in Myers-Briggs. There are personality test that go no further than these 4 (True Colors personality type).  Myers-Briggs subdivides the 4 quadrants in 4 units each (16), so there is more crossover.

woundedPhoenix

Relationship status: Very Single

« Reply #378 on: January 15, 2017, 05:31:10 AM »

INFP here and i see how being an INFP can land you in a BPD relationship. INFPs idealise partners too, try to keep seeing the good in people, have lots of empathy and can go to extreme lengths when it comes to forgivess.

INFPs are feelers foremost... .and intense feelings can suppress their already underdevelopped rational functions.

Realising that while being the rarest type of all, and the more rational of all feelers, INFJs are most represented here, seems to comform my suspicion that certain types have an extreme high chance to attract and try to relentlessly work things out with a BPD partner.
RareJewel
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #379 on: July 04, 2017, 05:16:10 AM »

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Sensing (S) 58.33% Intuitive (N) 41.67%
Thinking (T) 58.33% Feeling (F) 41.67%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

Your type is: ISTJ
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #380 on: July 24, 2017, 02:53:31 PM »

I wonder more about the consistency of their personality type. If a pwBPD retook the test a month later would most retest as the same type or would it be likely to change? What about nons?

My H hates this test because he scores differently every single time he takes it. Last time we took the test together I realized that it probably fluctuates due to his fluctuating sense of self.

I am a solid INTJ. It's been that way forever. I am very surprised at the high population of INTJs on this site that have taken this test as it is one of the rarest Myers-Briggs Types making up only .8% of the population.

Is there something about an INTJ that draws pwBPD to us? INTJs are very stoic. We do not make rash decisions and do not show strong emotion easily. We make firm decisions which could easily give a narcissitic supply. Could a pwBPD be drawn to the emotional stableness of an INTJ? Or could we seem emotionally unavailable, which triggers the push/pull of someone with BPD?

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

purekalm

« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »

I wanted to post this because I thought it interesting. Back a little bit ago, still struggling with my ex husband leaving and all the damage up til that point I took this test twice and got ISFJ.

Now, a while later, mostly healed and feeling more like myself than I have in years I decided to take the test again and got INFJ. To me, it's like, my personality was stifled under him and not able to be me and now that it's not I tested differently because it's more like who I really am as opposed to what he tried to make me.  Smiling (click to insert in post)
DaddyBear77

« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »

Introverted (I) 62.5% Extroverted (E) 37.5%
Intuitive (N) 54.17% Sensing (S) 45.83%
Feeling (F) 58.33% Thinking (T) 41.67%
Perceiving (P) 54.17% Judging (J) 45.83%

Your type is: INFP

I took the official MBTI assessment 10 years ago today and I got the exact same result (INFP).

As Skip pointed out, the online version has fewer type pairs. The result is that there are fewer questions that correspond to a given spectrum (e.g., I vs E, N vs S), and therefore your percentages could be much closer to "50/50" artificially.

For example, when I took the official assessment, I was a very strong "N" vs "S", but here, it's 55/45. More questions regarding my preference for "The way you take in information" would have likely indicated a much stronger Intuition preference vs a Sensing preference.

But in the end, I appear to be consistently INFP over many years.
JQ

« Reply #383 on: July 28, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »

Test said I'm a ISTJ ... .
MarkTwain

« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »

My H hates this test because he scores differently every single time he takes it. Last time we took the test together I realized that it probably fluctuates due to his fluctuating sense of self.

I am a solid INTJ. It's been that way forever. I am very surprised at the high population of INTJs on this site that have taken this test as it is one of the rarest Myers-Briggs Types making up only .8% of the population.

Is there something about an INTJ that draws pwBPD to us? INTJs are very stoic. We do not make rash decisions and do not show strong emotion easily. We make firm decisions which could easily give a narcissitic supply. Could a pwBPD be drawn to the emotional stableness of an INTJ? Or could we seem emotionally unavailable, which triggers the push/pull of someone with BPD?

Its the planning, and the polar opposite ways - if you ask me... .When I was with xBPD we were Ying/yang - it worked really well. I'm in the Asperger's camp as well, so I may be slightly tweaked from standard intj. We complemented eachother well as a solid couple - right up until she turned. Then I was a POS etc etc etc.

That was where I got confused - solid day 1 - day 2 i had to say no to some unreasonable requests (just could not be done) day 3 was the road to abuse and divorce.
Pedro

Relationship status: Separated, devastated, physically & mentally broken, but living in the same house until it is sold. Such profound loss & sadness of losing my soulmate, lover, best friend.

« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2017, 06:04:29 PM »

ISFJ
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »

ESFP

Extroverted (E) 62.5% Introverted (I) 37.5%
Sensing (S) 62.5% Intuitive (N) 37.5%
Feeling (F) 62.5% Thinking (T) 37.5%
Perceiving (P) 79.17% Judging (J) 20.83%

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
confusedbloke

« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2017, 07:05:27 AM »

Extroverted (E) 83.33% Introverted (I) 16.67%
 Sensing (S) 70.83% Intuitive (N) 29.17%
 Feeling (F) 54.17% Thinking (T) 45.83%
 Judging (J) 54.17% Perceiving (P) 45.83%

Your type is: ESFJ

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population. 

Sounds about right!
Speck

Relationship status: Divorced since Mar 2018

« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2018, 12:28:25 AM »

Introverted (I) 66.67% Extroverted (E) 33.33%
Sensing (S) 87.5% Intuitive (N) 12.5%
Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
Judging (J) 83.33% Perceiving (P) 16.67%

Your type is: ISTJ

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time-honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

Interesting... .I would have thought myself more intuitive.
jazzed2b

Relationship status: Can I say married, but it is complicated???

« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2018, 07:39:26 PM »

Cool test... .I am an ESTJ and appears to be spot on!

Extroverted (E) 79.17% Introverted (I) 20.83%
Sensing (S) 83.33% Intuitive (N) 16.67%
Thinking (T) 75% Feeling (F) 25%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

Your type is: ESTJ
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality