Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
February 26, 2017, 10:22:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: heartandwhole, Meili, once removed
Member support team: DreamGirl, gotbushels, joeramabeme, rfriesen, Turkish, Woolspinner2000
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any experience with a Residential Treatment Program (RTP) or Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?  (Read 35500 times)
chippydog

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 07:34:28 PM »

It appears that you are in the Northeast.   My daughter when 16 spent 5 months at Brattleboro Retreat in Vt.   Great place diagnosed the BPD and started DBT.    She was discharged to walk with her class for HS graduation.   Slow spiral downward severe suicide attempts hospitalization every other week.   She has been at Supervised Lifestyles in Brewster NY for the last year.   Insurance covered (thank God)  Several levels of care and they will send her back and forht beteween levels of care and supervision depending on her behavior.  She is now in case management will turn 20 on the 17th and has her own apartment and job.   Worth looking into.   She still has her ups and downs but it is not in my house and as long as she attends her groups and meets with her therapist she seems to be ok.   Has a case manager that will stop by with 5 minute notice and if she dosen't answer the door they call the police for a well check.  Good Luck.   

Thank you and good luck to you, as well.

cmikeamy
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 10:14:13 PM »

We are looking for a safe facility for our 15 yr. old daughter. She's been to several short term places(usually for no more than a week) and one long term(for two months). Trying to find a place that specializes in BPD or bi-polar disorders. Getting tired of doctors that just prescribe meds. Would consider an out of state facility but also want to be able to visit on a regular basis. Very surprised that some of the so-called Christian based facilities cost so much and insurance doesn't cover them because their "Christian teachings". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

georgiatechur

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 08:21:49 AM »

I have been looking for my daughter a place also in Georgia. She is 22.

The last time she was in Anchor around Atl. and it was just a short term stay that didn't help much.

Wishing you luck and if I come up with anything in my searching I will let you know.
lbjnltx
SITE MODERATOR

Person in your life: Child

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »

check out falcon ridge ranch, virgin, utah...that is where my BPD14 is currently...amazing progress...we are on month 7.

my d was dx/ w odd at 11, emerging BPD @ 12, major depression @ 12, and has developed psychotic features @13.  she just turned 14 at the end of october...since doing all the hard work it is becoming apparent that she is adhd too. shocked

if you have any questions for   me  i would be happy to answer them...this is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life...take your time and be absolutely sure!

lbjnltx

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
Gagrl

Person in your life: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 08:48:38 AM »

I know one of the therapists at Inner Harbor in Douglasville, GA.  It might be appropriate.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
tapestry strings

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 07:30:34 AM »

We are in the metro Atlanta area, and have used two facilities.  Our daughter is 17, and began cutting about a year ago, which finally crossed the line to where we were able to start the process for "real" intervention.

The first was Peachford Hospital, which is for crisis care.  The do both inpatient and outpatient... and we were involved with them off and on for about 7 months.  Think of them as the "ER" of the mental health world.  After our daughter continued to cycle in and out of their facility, they began talk to us about "residential treatment".  They gave us a list of facilities, helped set up the interview to pursue funding from the State of Georgia since RTC's (residential treatment centers) were not covered by our insurance at all... and we then had to take it from there.

We stumbled upon a facility called "Hillside Hospital", which is in "Midtown" (Atlanta), across from Piedmont Park.  They deal with ONLY children and teens.  Their speciality is DBT... which was a major reason we chose them.  Our daughter was admitted to their facility on July 20th, and she is still there now.  We have LOVED LOVED LOVED what they are doing with our daughter (and family).  We did qualify for full funding thru the State, which shocked me because I thought our income level would disqualify us.

I would be happy to tell you more, if you want to email me specific questions.
China

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »

Seeking recommendations in LA Calif or S. Calif. area for outpatient program that specializes in BPD for young adults and treats anxiety and depression and eating disorders as well. UCLA is full. Need best facility with proven track record. Need Now. Can you recommend an appropriate outpatient program and top female psychiatrist in LA specializing in BPD? Need help please!
help4me2day
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »

I need resources for long term inpatient treatment facilities. I am having trouble because most places do not accept any insurance and the ones that do, my insurance will only pay for inpatient and not residential treatment. Any suggestions?

lbjnltx
SITE MODERATOR

we can all evolve into someone beautiful

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »

Greetings to you help4me2day,

Glad you are here.

Could you give us more information please.  Are you looking for treatment for self or someone else?  How old? What gender?  What diagnoses?

We generally ask that new members post an introduction on the New Members board here :

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=5.0

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

lbjnltx

BPDd-13 Residential Treatment - keep believing in miracles
scallops

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »

Has anyone heard of Merridel in Liberty Hill Texas? RTC...Trying to find someone that know the place or has a teen there.

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions

EDITORIAL DEPARTMENTS
My Child has BPD
My Parent/Sibling has BPD