Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 06:55:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone confront their ex about smearing?  I want to  (Read 790 times)
OutsidetheHermitWalls

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced 2012

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2013, 07:20:47 PM »

Diana82,

since my ex-BPD was bisexual I am male; but she did smear her ex-GF's.  This is a 33 year old woman who has compiled this list.  She is 37 this year.  But her maturity level has not evolved whatsoever.  She made a list once how both are alike; which I found so petty and utterly bizarre:

It stated neither  Jxxxxx or Mxxx,

Like anyone that I associate with, past or present friends

Both think they know what is best for me

Neither Inititiate Sex

Both have Gas or use as an excuse not to have sex

Both would rather play video games that do things with me

Neither Clean or do laundry  (She was very OCD about laundry; and obsessed with her new vacumn cleaner: however any other household needs she would defer to me even though she was not even working)

Both claim they never eat sweets until they met me, and now eat them all the time  (probably related to her binging)

Both Drive a VW

Neither like the decisions I make, but complain I don't make decisions to fit theirs

Both would make me investigage the bumps in the night (I guess nightmares)

Both get scared at horror movies (I did too)

Act like Children Alot (this coming from a BPD)

Like to Shop A lot  (This BPD found shopping very overwhelming; personally I do too but I can shop for others; my BPD rarely bought me any presents or cards (i.e. no Valentines day card, no nothing; no birthday present unless I told her what to buy)

Both want to dress me different (I was guilty of that too; she was so beautiful I bought her dresses that looked great on her; I am sure I would be on this list now)

Both say they are OK doing things on their own but when it comes down to it wont unless I do it  ( I really cannot imagine her doing anything; but also probably a projection)

Both like me me to cook dinnner or make them lunch but won't return the favor (I guess I got the BPD who did not do anything but take, but I imagine this is a projection)

Both pretend to be Bad-Ass - But are really Chicken ~ (A Projection for sure; She had days where she dressed pardon the expression more "butch"; despite the fact that she looks and acts pretty feminine.  I am an emotional male, meaning by all appearances I am masculine, but if you get to know me I am more emotional that you might expect)  anyways my BPD when she left was the biggest coward.  Just left no communication, text only, filed divorce in two weeks, smear campaign equating to the most extreme emotional abuse you can imagine, all supported by some attorney that I am sure saw the adorable damsel in distress that he needed to protect from the 'evil' possessive, verabally abusive, controlling ex-husband.  I am guility of being a little controlling when she first left as I was in shock that someone would marry me spend six weeks executing bizarre underning behavior (BPD) and then leave and blame me for everything.  I was in shock.  But after two weeks I backed off and left her alone; the more I left her alone the more devious she became.  Thank god NC for 3 months; I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Niether like music that I do (she accussed me on this at the end also; she would play a song and then attack me saying I don't like her music.  Which was not even true.  When I was white she liked Florence and the Machine and Noah and the Whale when I was black she liked Marilyn Manson)

Both whine (why wouldn't you when the person you are with ignores you and stonewalls you all the time)

Both take my inventory and ignore their own (projection she has never accepted any responsibilitty for anything in our relationship)

Niether are comfortable being gay (Hello did she not date me for a year and marry me)

Both can dish it out but niether can take it (pot calling the kettle black)

Have the tendency to be arrogant, cockey, self-centered (her her her)

They are better than eveyone else.  (not sure about this one only that she is one of the most critical people I have even met)

Both act like a btch to my friends or in situations to avoid others (She is an expert at avoidance)

Neither are good at compromise (you should have seen my divorce settlement)

Both used to kiss me with passion and for both it tapers to a peck (it's called fear)

Both drive me to lock myself in the bathroom crying (I did too)

Both are having an affair with the internet (not sure what this means)

Both have baby fever (we had two miscarriages I think the fever was hers; the trajedy was mine)

Both expect me to propose (she told me often marry me, marry me)

Neither know how to save money (that was hard when I paid for everything and what she paid for while we were together she insisted on having back when we were divorcing; thanks to the laws in my state she got that money back and more.)

So there you have it.  I did not see this until after she left.  She did smear a guy she dated three times prior to us reconnecting.  She tried to convinced me he was stalking her and was a danger.  The 2 yr male relationship she did not smear but she threw our relationship in his face often.  She would recevie texts from him stating "Hi how are you" and she would ask me, yes ask me what to reply.  I would say text good how are you (why I did not see this flag, I can't tell you why); she would then remark she found it odd that he would never text that he loved her or expressed emotion.  At the time my intuition was saying "kind of odd"; but did I say anything absolutely not.  Why?  Hmm.  Oh because I thought I would be different.  Boy I was so right it would be different for me it would be even worse.

Diana82
Also "ZaraP"

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 02:41:31 AM »

Thanks Seb and Blake...

Yes I think sending her parents a note is a really bad idea. It was a fleeting idea

I think my biggest fear is that I know my ex has a huge supportive family here. She knows many people both in and out of the gay community.

Nobody knows my ex is disordered ( unless her family do) and it seems they all believe she is a poor victim.

What if she actually tells people I abused her? Or tried to rape her?

her frigid ex was apparently also a sexual predator/rapist.

Now I had a high sex drive with her... what could she say about me? That I assaulted her too?

I shiver...

I sometimes think that one day I will hear from her future ex or an ex friend asking if I tried to rape her or harass her. Then what?
Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 05:59:00 AM »

Staff only

This thread has reached the page limit and is now locked.  Feel free to pick one of the topics from the thread to start a new one.

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest