Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 05:22:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish Me Luck - Blocking ALL communication...  (Read 385 times)
MakeItHappen

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: February 19, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »

hi all,

it's been such a privilege to get comfort from other posters about being involved with a BPD. we are NOT the crazy one's.  Idea

this is what put me over: we're supposedly on a "break" yet, i was just sent 2 texts telling me that she's going back to "online dating" which she claimed, was the worst thing she'd ever experienced and that all that contacted her, we're crazy! we have yet to discuss an actual breakup. then again, why would we since the world revolves around her... .  

so, i've kinda lost it. since getting those 2 texts, i have NOT responded and have received 4 more,"have a good week," "have a good night," blah blah!

her facebook pic has now been changed to something i know was intentional to hurt me.

she is indeed, back to the online dating site that she claimed was,"vile."

i'm in this place of feeling, VERY used, abused, discarded, very hurt, very upset and just over it all. as to be expected... .  

i've now blocked her on fb, removed her from my database and will figure out how to block her from my phone. i am scared ~less of what might happen when she realizes, she's out of my life.

please, wish me luck... .  

and, thank you.

MakeItHappen

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »

ps: i feel as though she'll think she "won." by me blocking her.

that she upset me so much... .  

ugh.

willy45
Formerly "johnnyorganic", "rjh45", "SurferDude"

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »

Good for you man. Seriously. Do it.

And who cares what she thinks. Let got of what she thinks. This isn't about her anymore. This is about you. She did not win. I promise you that. This is about you and doing what's good for you. And that is a win for you. It doesn't matter what she thinks.
trouble11

Relationship status: Broke up for the last time in October 2012

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »

Hard to say what she will FEEL, as their feelings are all over the place, but generally I think a "win" to them is if they can string you along and you continue to fill some need of theirs.  I just block my ex from everything I could.  I have a website and he might still be able to email from the contact page if he tries.
sunrising

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:25:16 AM »

Be thorough in your blocking.  My ex sent me a particularly scathing message after several weeks of desperate ones to which I never responded.  She used an email address she hasn't used in years and sent to both my personal and work address.  She had ever used my work email. I'm pretty sure she had to go find it to even know it, but she wanted to be sure I received her "mean" message.   My therapist encouraged me to imagine every reason for and means by which she might contact me and practice ignoring her so I'd be ready. It helped.    Don't forget, even if your ex finds a way to contact you, you can IGNORE.   Delete messages without reading or listening. Trust me, it's better.   The temptation to at least read/ listen to them was nearly unbearable for me just a few days ago.  Now I have my finger on the delete button at all times.    Be strong for yourself and don't worry about how your ex is taking it.  Just sharing my experience here with what has helped me... .  
slimmiller

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:40 AM »

YOU already won 'if' you stay NC.

Who cares what she thinks? What about how you are supposed to feel about her being on a dating site? She does not care about your feelings so why should you care about hers.

I dont know your history with her but if you dont have kids (married etc) consider yourself lucky! I married mine and had three kids with her. How I wish I could go complete NC.

Stay Strong.!
MakeItHappen

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »

thanks for all the very positive words. sure needed to read them.

i realize, it will take time but, currently in a silly little place of, wanting to let her friends know, i did nothing wrong and it's over. i can only imagine what she's been telling them.

i am doing all i can do to NOT care. all in due time.

staying strong!

HarmKrakow

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:05:30 PM »

I wish you luck brother, nothing else but luck and strong perseverance!
Tracy62

Relationship status: Moved out 01/09/2013

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »

I also blocked mine on fb plus all five of his children and sister and mother... .  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

He would always have his mother contact me , he would say " I didn't contact you"

I blocked all his phone numbers also. I'm feeling really good now

It's not me that's crazy!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest