Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:55:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who turned up?  (Read 1304 times)
Eric1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 04:07:59 AM »

I don't know why i'm feeling like this now. I was pretty upbeat and doing well. Now, I couldn't be anymore depressed.

I'm going for a swim after work because that usually helps. But, i can't stop thinking about her now!
Lady31

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 04:58:57 AM »

Shadow!   Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Eric,

Oh I hear you!  I am 33. I have been stressing myself out thinking - ok... .so I have to finish processing the break up of my marriage and make sure all that's clear before I start dating.  Then I have to find someone who syncs well with me (difficult let me tell you), then I have to date them for a reasonable amount of time before I can get married again... .I could be 40 by then!  I know 40 is not old at all, but as a woman, I think it's a little scarier.  Or maybe that's just my mindset - you know - since women seem to get old and men get more "distinguished and handsome".   Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) sounds funny now that I am writing it out.

I am also trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  Smiling (click to insert in post)  I had a business with my husband and we did very well, but I walked away from all that to get out and now don't have that after all the time/money invested.  I have another business also, and hold a license that makes fairly good money - so now I am taking a little time off trying to figure out if I am going to go forward building that business or start something else entirely new.  Hard to pass it up, because it's great money - but on the other end I'm not that passionate about it AT ALL.  Ugh. 

I've made some inquiries of the Lord regarding why he seemed to make me very good at something I don't seem to be all that crazy about.  I'm still waiting on the answer.  Yeah - still working on patience too.  Anyway -

I think we get the initial relief from getting out of hell.  We went through the rollercoaster of what do we DO?  Then up and down in pain constantly.  FINALLY get out of that and feel relief, and excited about it being over - being out - being able to dream again for the future.  (After getting over the heartache of course.)

BUT THEN... .  OH NO - what AM I going to do with the future?  (For some this is already figured out and doesn't need to change so they don't have this stressor/fear going forward, at least with their vocation.)

I found I started missing my x a little too at the onset of all that - but IT WILL PASS.  Give yourself 2 to 3 weeks and see how you feel.

And in the mean time, take the time to dream/research new prospects.  It is all still very bright.  You are just feeling the pressure and fear of the unknown.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 05:01:03 AM »

really miss her.

What exactly do you miss?

Eric1

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 08:35:29 AM »

really miss her.

Making her laugh, her making me laugh, chatting to her, hearing from her. Obviously I miss other stuff from the relationship, which is non-existent now. I am interested in if she has started her new job etc

Yes, there's stuff I’m glad I don't put up with these days, but in a way, I miss the drama slightly haha

eyvindr

Relationship status: NC

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 10:51:36 AM »

Lady31 --

I totally relate to this:

I am also trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  Smiling (click to insert in post) ... .

I've made some inquiries of the Lord regarding why he seemed to make me very good at something I don't seem to be all that crazy about.  I'm still waiting on the answer.  Yeah - still working on patience too.  Anyway -

... .and I'm 51. So, chill   -- time is on your side.

e.

"Being deceived in effect takes away your right to make accurate life choices based on truth." -- waverider

"Don't try the impossible, as you're sure to become well and truly stuck and require recovery." -- Vintage Land Rover 4X4 driving instructional video
houseofswans

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 11:06:32 AM »

I want to train to be a teacher, but it involves me doing 1 maths course, 1 access course, 1 years volunteering in a school (1 day per week) and then a three year degree! So, obviously it'll cost a lot & i wouldn't know how to afford it whilst paying a mortage, and i would be 34 by the time i finish, so... .

If it helps, I decided to train to become a teacher and graduated when I was 55, so 34 is nothing to me!

I had to pay all my fees and mortgage from my savings - it was tough going but I managed it... .
Eric1

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 12:35:33 PM »

You're right. I think because most of my friends and my ex etc went to Uni straight away, I feel like I've wasted time. But, none of them own their own house, so... .By the time I qualify, I'll still have 40 odd years to work!

Thing is, would she really have supported me? Could she cope when I said I can't go out or do stuff on certain days because i either had to study or say plan lessons. It was bad enough when I had to do work on the house. She wanted me to cancel tradesman because she wanted to see me.

It just brings back memories. Bad times, yeah. And, the good. I want to text her
houseofswans

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »

I want to text her

My advice is to do whatever you think is right in your circumstances.

If you want to text her, be aware that you may be greeted by silence and then the constant worry if and when she 'might' respond.

I've been waiting three weeks for my ex to respond to my email to her, and it's driving me mad... .
Eric1

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »

Maybe if I text and ask about her job, it'll stop me thinking about her. Seeing her on Saturday didn't help!

I'm stuck because I told her not to contact me. So, if I contact her its going against the rule I instated.
eyvindr

Relationship status: NC

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »

I'm stuck because I told her not to contact me. So, if I contact her its going against the rule I instated.

Yep. There's that, too.

"Being deceived in effect takes away your right to make accurate life choices based on truth." -- waverider

"Don't try the impossible, as you're sure to become well and truly stuck and require recovery." -- Vintage Land Rover 4X4 driving instructional video
Eric1

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:05 PM »

Yep. There's that, too.

Suppose if we do ever talk again, someone has to break the silence.
EdR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 01:24:15 PM »

Yep. There's that, too.

Suppose if we do ever talk again, someone has to break the silence.

I am actually not in the position to give you any advice, because I ignored most of it myself. I DID try to break the silence multiple times. Every time it failed, it only made me feel more miserable. The few times I succeeded it made me really happy. That happiness never lasted long though, since the cycle repeated itself every &^%^$ time.

I even now feel miserable, because I still want to re-establish contact at some level. I tried. I failed. I feel even more miserable now.

I guess it's your call.

Eric1

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »

I've done the same & I did learn from it. Just seeing her Sat has brought it all back up again. I thought she might contact me after the game, but nothing.
ShadowDancer

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »

Maybe if I text and ask about her job, it'll stop me thinking about her. Seeing her on Saturday didn't help!

How about NOT texting her at all thereby reinforcing your own dictated and demonstrated boundary and not collapsing your your vulnerable flank thereby avoiding any potentials for more pretzel logic responses on her part in response to contradictory actions on yours.

I'm really not being a smart-alec in this. I look at it as an investment. As the "manager" of the emotional portfolio the first logical question asked is always, "What is the track record. Is this a safe investment?, What is the margin of gain in relation to RISK of investment".  

One has to ask themselves what IS and be clear what the risks ARE. Sometimes just sitting tight and doing nothing is the SAFER bet when in doubt.

For me at a certain point I just had to STOP THE NONSENSE and the emotional bleed out in the face of potential emotional bankruptcy.
EdR

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »

Actually... .confession time. I just wrote her another little message today .

She must now really think I'm crazy... .even I am starting to think I'm crazy Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

It sucks, it hurts, I am weak
Eric1

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »

How about NOT texting her at all thereby reinforcing your own dictated and demonstrated boundary and not collapsing your your vulnerable flank thereby avoiding any potentials for more pretzel logic responses on her part in response to contradictory actions on yours.

I'm really not being a smart-alec in this. I look at it as an investment. As the "manager" of the emotional portfolio the first logical question asked is always, "What is the track record. Is this a safe investment?, What is the margin of gain in relation to RISK of investment".  

One has to ask themselves what IS and be clear what the risks ARE. Sometimes just sitting tight and doing nothing is the SAFER bet when in doubt.

I've made some bad investment choices too. Sold when I should have held, bought when I should have avoided.

It's tough. I'm gonna go for a swim and think on it!
Eric1

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »

She must now really think I'm crazy... .even I am starting to think I'm crazy Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

I've done the same. I've called her at 4am... .3 times!

How far out are you?
ShadowDancer

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »

Now that you have done that I ask you a question. Do you feel you have "lost" any self credibility?

This is what I had to face. How long was I going to erode the portfolio by investing in the deficit returns?
ShadowDancer

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »

[/quote]
It stands to responsible reason responsibly expecting a responsible reasonable response from the unresponsively unreasonable is not responsibly reasonable. Or is that the other way around?[/quote]
Shadows golden rule.
EdR

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »

I've done the same. I've called her at 4am... .3 times!

How far out are you?

Lol

Calling is probably the only thing I didn't do in the past few weeks. That's a line I still haven't crossed... .because I am afraid that would be really 'violating her privacy' in some way. And the possibility that she could freak out and giving her ammo.

I am still crazy though :-P

@ShadowDancer:

Not really self-credibility. But I think I know what you mean. I do feel weak and stupid. I KNOW the chances of her breaking her Silent Treatment are extremely slim. At least, they are extremely slim when I try to break it. She breaks it Bullet: comment directed to __ (click to insert in post) random. She must want to be in control.

And if she would break her silence... .what do I gain. Some weird feeling of happiness for a few minutes/hours/days and then it all starts all over again.

I feel weak for still sending the messages.

ShadowDancer

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »

Don't be too hard on yourself and no you are not stupid. It is a learning curve. Just ask yourself questions before you act. STOP LISTEN THINK. It is about slowing down the racing thinking and assumptions about how we are going to feel after. I try to remember the basic concept of "self worth". Cost and effect. It has taken me over a year with some mistakes but it has simplified my life a great deal.
EdR

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »

I know... .thank you. But it's a bit like Eric1 implicitly describes it in his posts. For days and even weeks I resist the urge to write something. And eventually, I just break. It seems like the easier way out even.
Eric1

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »

I know... .thank you. But it's a bit like Eric1 implicitly describes it in his posts. For days and even weeks I resist the urge to write something. And eventually, I just break. It seems like the easier way out even.

How long have you been broken up for?

Mines about 4 months, with the longest NC period being these three weeks.
Clearmind
Retired Staff

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »

really miss her.

Making her laugh, her making me laugh, chatting to her, hearing from her. Obviously I miss other stuff from the relationship, which is non-existent now. I am interested in if she has started her new job etc

Yes, there's stuff I’m glad I don't put up with these days, but in a way, I miss the drama slightly haha

We cannot split our ex's into compartments. She is who she is in all its entirety. She is that person who you made laugh and she also that person that denigrates you and rages. Its who she is.

Have a bit more of a think Eric into what you miss and what you don't miss.

Missing the drama maybe something you need to look into? Was there drama in your house as a child? Is it possible you are used to this type of relating?

ucmeicu2

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »

She came with her mum, so she wasn't alone. I've refrained from contacting her. It's just brought up some emotions... .We haven't spoken for three weeks tomorrow. Longest we've ever gone with no contact. She hasn't tried reaching out to me.

hi eric, i like your casual, DETACHED attitude about it!  so she showed up at a game, so what?  i think it's not healthy if we try to dig too much into someone else's motivation ~ heck i can barely understand my own 1/2 the time,  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) .

ok, she might have been interested in what your reaction would be, but that isn't even close to the same category as "reaching out" ... .  she went to a game.  period.  maybe her mum wanted to go but is agorophobic and needed her for support, who knows? 

the important thing, IMO, is what are you going to do to protect yourself.  what can/will you do to stay NC.  how will you keep your need to detach as a #1 priority.

icu2
EdR

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »

Well... .my 'relationship' was a little different than most of yours'. More like extreme friendship... don't  know how to describe it. FB has the perfect label for it: "it's complicated". It went on for a couple of years. On these boards, I am not giving too much info about it and often describe her as a friend. Sorry about that :-(

Last time I heard from her was like... .almost two months ago. It was probably the nicest and best day I had with her. I accidentally ran into her and we went someplace and talked for 2.5-3 hours. Than all of a sudden: Silent Treatment without any reason. Starting that same day if I recall correctly.

She did this kind of crap quite often. Longest Silent Treatment went on for 6 months. That was pretty horrific. Didn't matter what I wrote or said to her. Longest time no contact would have been in that period. Probably around 2.5 months. She came back though... she always came back.

I tried to 'resist' at times... .but then I would magically see her like 2-4 times a day. Every single freaking day. Kinda hard to 'resist' then.

Lady31

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »

No No No No No No No No No No No!  :)on't do it!  

She has masterfully set this up.  And so far it's working.  Remember, she went to that game on purpose, now she is playing her game - and you are losing.

If you start contacting her again you are going to crash and burn.  You are addicted to her.  Since you are going without her - you are now trying to settle in your mind that a "little" fix would be ok (calling to check on her job status or whatever).  That is your mind LYING TO YOU.

This is not enough, it will never be enough.  There is no such thing as one last time with an addict.  

I say you detox yourself.  Make yourself wait 2 to 3 weeks at least.  TRY to detox.  Tell yourself it's okay to revisit it in 2 or 3 weeks if you still really want to do it, but your commitment right now is to go no contact and try to detox and detach over those 2 to 3 weeks.

Then I would bet she has done something else in that time frame trying to get YOU to crack when this didn't work.  She will be shocked her little visit to your game didn't work.

Her showing up was your trigger, her trying to get you to "use" again.
Eric1

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »

The only thing that is keeping me NC now is pride.

I want to talk to her, text her, but my pride is saying 'Hang about, she f-cked you over, thought the grass was greener, don't give her anything'

Then the otherside says 'You still love and care about her, you need to communicate'

The pride is winning... .At the moment.

No No No No No No No No No No No!  Don't do it! 

She has masterfully set this up.  And so far it's working.  Remember, she went to that game on purpose, now she is playing her game - and you are losing.

If you start contacting her again you are going to crash and burn.  You are addicted to her.  Since you are going without her - you are now trying to settle in your mind that a "little" fix would be ok (calling to check on her job status or whatever).  That is your mind LYING TO YOU.

This is not enough, it will never be enough.  There is no such thing as one last time with an addict. 

I say you detox yourself.  Make yourself wait 2 to 3 weeks at least.  TRY to detox.  Tell yourself it's okay to revisit it in 2 or 3 weeks if you still really want to do it, but your commitment right now is to go no contact and try to detox and detach over those 2 to 3 weeks.

Then I would bet she has done something else in that time frame trying to get YOU to crack when this didn't work.  She will be shocked her little visit to your game didn't work.

She has masterfully set this up.  And so far it's working.  Remember, she went to that game on purpose, now she is playing her game - and you are losing.

If you start contacting her again you are going to crash and burn.  You are addicted to her.  Since you are going without her - you are now trying to settle in your mind that a "little" fix would be ok (calling to check on her job status or whatever).  That is your mind LYING TO YOU.

This is not enough, it will never be enough.  There is no such thing as one last time with an addict. 

I say you detox yourself.  Make yourself wait 2 to 3 weeks at least.  TRY to detox.  Tell yourself it's okay to revisit it in 2 or 3 weeks if you still really want to do it, but your commitment right now is to go no contact and try to detox and detach over those 2 to 3 weeks.

Then I would bet she has done something else in that time frame trying to get YOU to crack when this didn't work.  She will be shocked her little visit to your game didn't work.

I've been detoxing, three weeks is amazing for me!. Seeing her did trigger me. But, I don't believe that's what her purpose was. Her brother was playing and she was with her mum, so I think that's the reason.
Waifed

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2013, 03:45:42 PM »

No No No No No No No No No No No!  :)on't do it!  

She has masterfully set this up.  And so far it's working.  Remember, she went to that game on purpose, now she is playing her game - and you are losing.

If you start contacting her again you are going to crash and burn.  You are addicted to her.  Since you are going without her - you are now trying to settle in your mind that a "little" fix would be ok (calling to check on her job status or whatever).  That is your mind LYING TO YOU.

This is not enough, it will never be enough.  There is no such thing as one last time with an addict.  

I say you detox yourself.  Make yourself wait 2 to 3 weeks at least.  TRY to detox.  Tell yourself it's okay to revisit it in 2 or 3 weeks if you still really want to do it, but your commitment right now is to go no contact and try to detox and detach over those 2 to 3 weeks.

Then I would bet she has done something else in that time frame trying to get YOU to crack when this didn't work.  She will be shocked her little visit to your game didn't work.

My ex used to text this when flirting with me by text... .Uggh!
Lady31

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

Eric - I think there is a strong possibility she had another motive in coming.  Especially since you said that she hadn't been to any of the other games.  Glad your pride is winning out.  GOOD for that. 

Also - it is possible that you don't really love HER at all.  You love who you have imagined her to be and something about her unavailability to you FEELS like love to you.  This, I am finding from research is usually an issue for nons that stay with these people - and keeps them "drawn" to them.  Keep loving yourself more!

Waifed - sorry about that.  Obviously my post was nowhere near flirty/joking - I was DEAD serious. NO!  We have to save ourselves from these people.  Sorry for that trigger.  I officially change it to:

No contact!  No Contact!  No contact!  No Contact! No Contact!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest