Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 04:40:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having Trouble Adhering to NC.  (Read 2199 times)
clvrnn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »

this is a safe place and we can give you support.

i think members are trying to get a better picture of the back story and the conflict within the relationship. a lot of us have realized looking back at our relationship that although we had very difficult and hurtful, even abusive partners, we also did some self defeating things and hurt our relationships. of course for me, that came later, i was far too anxious and hurt to analyze or hear that sort of thing at the time. so, i dont think anyone is trying to turn this around on you or paint you as the villain here, or that sort of thing. i think we are trying to provide some perspective, and to learn more about your situation and how we can best support you.

we certainly get that this has been a challenging relationship to say the least (i can relate to a lot of the controlling behavior you experienced from your ex), that the breakup has been extraordinarily painful, and that this recent event really ripped the wounds open.

whats important now is what to do going forward.

Thank you for your reply.

Of course. There are some things about me that didn't help, in the relationship. I was often quite anxious, at times. Anxious that I was going to be abandoned, left, broken up with. That is something I am still working on.

I have just been sitting here in tears because I have now lost this woman completely. After that message she sent me, I can't do anything else or contact her again. I do feel as if it's my fault. If I'd acted in ways she wanted or done what she wanted, this might not be how things had gone.

I often feel like this when she breaks up with me/disappears. I often blame myself. I find myself wishing I could just act how she wants me to act so that we don't fight, but I can never maintain it long enough, if I do try to.

I want to move forward, but I'm feeling a lot of fear and anxiety about it.

heartandwhole
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2017, 06:28:02 AM »

Staff only

This topic has been locked due to page length. Please feel free to continue the discussion in this new, split off thread: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=314572.msg12898474#msg12898474

Thanks for your cooperation.

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest