Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 06:55:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Her love is so shallow  (Read 357 times)
PaticAttack

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 16, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »

She loaned me a scarf when we 1st met, now the "other" posted a picture of herself wearing the same damn scarf. That got my goat! I texted my exBPD in a drunken rage. "I know the truth and you know the truth. The person you think you love is the one you are lying to. Do you think she can smell me on that scarf?" I kind of regret it but at the same time I don't. I can now see that I meant nothing. My love for her was deep and sincere. How can she sleep at night? I wouldn't be able to let my new gf wear the shirt that I had loaned her.

Just venting!
PaticAttack

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »

Now it feels that all the love and acceptance I was trying for, for myself and her have turned to morbid hate. I don't want to hate someone that I loved. This is all so poopie!
pearlsw

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:29:22 AM »

Hi PaticAttack,

Sounds like you have a lot to get out of you. Breakups can be extremely painful, I know.  I think this is an important notion you raise, you wrote, "I don't want to hate someone I loved." One way to avoid getting caught up in hate, I think, is to work on understanding of BPD - and not from a hateful place, but from a place of compassion. Hate will only eat you up and leave you drunk texting when you could be doing something, anything better. Post break-up time is you time - time to make you feel better, not worse! Smiling (click to insert in post)

If you want to better understand the "why" of this read up on the information here on the site - I know it has helped me to process a past sudden/unexpected loss. I got dumped out of the blue many years ago by a really great guy with BPD traits. It was devastating. I never hated him, but I desperately wanted to understand why. He never gave me any answers or clues. Ever. But that desperate desire to know why never left me. Study up on this stuff, find your answers, the community can help. And then keep moving forward. So many wonderful things can happen in life when you are open to it I think. Smiling (click to insert in post)

It is not true that you meant nothing, of course not, but people with these issues have great difficulty maintaining stable relationships - that is not about you. That is not personal. This link on What is BPD? is a good reminder about that topic! It hurts and it feels that way, but it really isn't about you. Perhaps the lesson on the right of the board about Healing - the big picture can you help you as you move from anger to healing? Wishing you peace on your recovery journey!

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:34:37 AM »

Hi, I'm noticing I'm not the link master I thought I was today. Smiling (click to insert in post)  Let me get you links that properly direct:

What is BPD?: https://bpdfamily.com/#clinical-overview

Healing - the big picture: https://bpdfamily.com/#clinical-overview

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
PaticAttack

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »

Thank you for your kind words Pearlsw!  I am in therapy and am working on myself. I have read a ton of stuff about BPD and am getting myself a book on DBT for more understanding but also for my own emotional imbalance. I know where a lot of my abandonment issues come from, I have been/thought I've been working on resolving them for years. I am feeling better today, I guess I just had to let go of the "fantasy" dream relationship that I thought was developing with her.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 09:49:50 PM »

On the topic of compassion I wanted to talk about self compassion in two forms the first self protection, are you in no contact? Have you thought about not peeking on social media? Maybe get off of social media for a few weeks if the temptation to look at your exes posts are too strong.

The other form is self care, what do you do for self care?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest