Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 339 times)
queenofsuburbia

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: in a relationship

« on: February 05, 2021, 07:48:51 PM »

So my boyfriend has BPD, depression and anxiety. He likes to isolate himself and not talk to anyone including me when he gets in his moods. Well since Christmas he has been very silent with not much talking and I have only seen him once 2 weeks ago since 2 days before Christmas. When I saw him he was his normal self with me and even gave me a big stuffed sloth, but once I got home and told him I was home he messaged he was glad I got home safe and did not talk again or read my messages until 1 week later. Last Saturday he messaged me saying he wanted to see me this Saturday so tomorrow and again goes back to not talking. So today I messaged asking if he still wants me to come over tomorrow and he was not answering or reading my messages. I also called when he was on facebook and it rang to voice mail so I left one. Now I have anxiety and am new to realizing he has BPD so I am a work in progress on how to deal with him. I know I should not have but I messaged him quite a bit but would usually wait an hour between them and I did end up calling 3 times leaving voice mails every time. 4 hours ago he finally responded and wrote "I'm tired of you not waiting till I'm ready you know the s**t dealing with someone in family died and you blowing my phone up is rude as hell while at funeral and everything to do with the services." He never told me anything about anyone dying because he has not spoken all week. I also do not understand the first part of his message. He has not responded since but my response was saying how should I know someone died when he has not spoken in a week and that I am not a mind reader. I also added that he was the one who wanted me to come over tomorrow but from his response it sounds like it is now a no. I do not know what to think anymore. I know I should have laid off messaging and calling but it is hard for me. I wanted to know the answer and I still do not have one. I am getting so frustrated with him not talking and I barely see him. It feels like I don't have a boyfriend and if I talk about him I feel like I am making him up sometimes. Does anyone have advice on how to deal with him when he acts like this? I am feeling at the end of my rope. I love him, but I don't know if I can keep dealing with him not getting better but actually getting worse.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 03:03:37 PM »

Even emotionally healthy people can find themselves in a tailspin with a death in the family.

He’s told you that he needs space. Give it to him.

In the meantime, start reading about codependency. Here’s a good article to begin:  https://bpdfamily.com/content/codependency-codependent-relationships

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest