Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 12:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: What is the total score for your answers?
76-88 /Extreme depression - 78 (6.5%)
51-75 /Severe depression - 299 (24.7%)
26-50 /Moderate depression - 455 (37.6%)
11-25 /Mild depression - 214 (17.7%)
6-10 /Unhappy (no dep) - 91 (7.5%)
0-5 /No depression - 72 (6%)
Total Voters: 1196

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 21  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SELF ASSESSMENT | Depression Self Testing: Are you depressed?  (Read 33292 times)
belleliseuse

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced from Ex. Happily married to DH.

« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »

My psychiatrist had me fill this out about a year ago. I scored 74.

Took it just now and scored 0. Hallelujah!
Manon46

Relationship status: divorced 2010

« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

lot of work to do on myself :'(
ICanDoIt

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Recently single!!!!

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »

I scored a 43. Sometimes I feel so hopeful and uplifted. Things are getting better. But sometimes I'm really struggling, especially when the ex contacts me. While typing this he texted this, "CALL ME! I NOW BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE PROGRAM AND OWE 100 DOLLARS. AND TARINA CBACK.", and ":)o u want to say goodbye to the dogs?" And he's now called my cell twice. I did not pick up. The program is the counseling program he supposedly had an appointment at this morning and needed MY truck for, but didn't tell me about it until last night. Tarina is the woman from the dog rescue he called to take our dogs since he can't deal with them and I'm only allowed one small dog in my new place. See https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=89413.0 for details on this little drama. I hope the dogs will have a good new home. I will miss them!

This is so exhausting at times.

ICDI

timeforboundaries

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »

A 57 for me -- Have stuffed my feelings for so long that I am overwhelmed with them now.  They are not remaining stuffed anymore -- how dare they Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

The stress in my life comes from lots of areas -- In 5 years time, I have lived in 3 houses, held 5 different jobs (all in same field -- education), put together 2 weddings for 2 of my daughters (I did it all -- sewed the dresses, made the bouquets, acted as wedding planner, etc), had 2 grandchildren, lost a family member, oh, yeah and am dealing with a uBPD daughter (age 30) and I have reached my limit of carrying her baggage around with me.  We are now NC.

I have developed some pretty severe stress-related health issues that resulted in having to take time off of work to get better.  Right now, I am hiding.  I stay home all day, don't talk to anyone, don't go out, don't want to go out, don't want to talk to anyone.   I really just wanted the world to stop and let me off for awhile.
Samuell

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Very happily married to someone without BPD now

« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »

I'm at a 3 today. When I first did this test I scored 20. My how things (and people) change!
Maggiore

Relationship status: 6 months after BPD break up, in a healthy relationship now

« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »

Hey! From a 65 Severe depression on the 31st October to a mere 4 today!

Thank you!
Up From Here

Relationship status: Divorce in process

« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2009, 10:30:15 PM »

I scored a 22 today.  I didn't take the test last week and I think I would have scored higher if I did.  I'll call it progress, anyway.  I am taking steps to make new friends and initiate activities in my life which, is real good considering when I was with my exBPDw I didn't want to do much of anything and I didn't want to invite friends over to our house as I was afraid I would lose them due to what she might have said or done.

Now, I have connected with some musicians in this town and a new friend who plays bass, is coming over next weekend for our first get together.  As I sold my guitar to move out here to be in the asylum, he's letting me use his Strat. (A kind of guitar made by Fender for those who may not know) Very cool.  Other musicians are expressing interest too.  This is a big deal for me as I haven't played music just for the love of it, in a band, for years.

We're going to start a blues band.  Smiling (click to insert in post)  A good one!

I ramble when I'm a bit out of sorts emotionally which, in all honesty, I am.   Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Way better this week though.

Peace, Up From Here
carolt0604

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2009, 03:32:07 PM »

24-WOO HOO!  And without Lexapro! 
waybird

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2009, 11:29:10 PM »

Woohoo!  I scored a 40!

I know it sounds bad, but the last time I took a test for depression like this one (when my uBPDmom was living with me), the score told me to "seek help immediately."  This is a definite improvement. 

Yeah for me!   Smiling (click to insert in post)

Mellie

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2009, 12:27:20 AM »

Well, it's no big surprise to me that I scored above 76... .a mouse could have figured that out by spending two minutes with me.  But, this is why I went back every time and why I am determined to push through this to get out once and for all.  My score can only go down from here!

Finding this site has been instrumental in my turning the corner.  I was always processing that which was could not be processed.  It's like chopping Jello before it hardens.  Why would anyone do that?  I did that for the entire time I was with stbxdBPDh and still do it once in a while. 

Thanks to all that is good in life,

Mellie
Up From Here

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2009, 01:05:54 AM »

Hang in there Mellie.

The longer NC, the better it can be.

(unintentional rhyming)

Mellie

« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2009, 01:17:53 AM »

Hi, Up From Here:

I should borrow your handle based on my score!  That is how I'm feeling despite it all - can only go up (or down in the test score).   Smiling (click to insert in post)

You are right... .and, I will am doing it this time.  Thank goodness.

and  xoxo,

Mellie
washto

Relationship status: Divorced 9/10/09, still fighting over custody

« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2009, 07:44:57 AM »

Retook this test, now that I've been separated 3 months.

Last September I was 36.  Today I'm 14.  Clearly a big improvement.  Take note all thee who are on the fence!

I had a rough day yesterday, and am still processing it.  I suspect in a few days, even the 14 score will improve.
DKC

« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

I took it from what I remember 3 years ago when I was just learning about BPD and had not yet started to see a T, and again for how I feel today, even though I am still in a marriage to a BPD, but on my way out.

Based on 3 years ago I got 69 :'(. And almost all the "negativity came from mostly my marriage, I liked teh rest of life  I was starting to have suicidal thoughts which was VERY unlike my normal self. MAde it hadt to do with beign told I was "a worthless piece of sht" daily... .sometimes in those words, and sometimes just a little more vaguely.

From where I sit today, I got a 25, not bad considering that I am still married and living in the same house for the time being. My T has had me working on disengaging, and I think it is working  Smiling (click to insert in post)

I will need to come back in a few months and see how things are. I know the single biggest hurdle that I have right now is my fear of confrontation when I leave and how to do things so it will impact my kids (teens) the least possible.

Take Care,

DKC
bkay

Relationship status: Single until I figure myself out

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2009, 08:32:47 PM »

I just scored a 51, about 6 weeks no contact.  I think in January, I would have been on the extreme high side.  So while it's high, I know it will get better.  I just know it! 
scrabble

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2009, 08:54:38 PM »

25 here.  I think I'm better than I would have been even a month ago.

Suspect things will continue to get better.
Up From Here

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »

Well... .

The last time I took the test, I believe I scored a 22.  Today I scored a 28.

Hmmm.

I'm about four and a half months N/C and finally have the money to pay for the final stage of the divorce as well as having quite a bit of drama from her to contend with in these past months.  It's been pretty quiet over the past month and a half as I've been "replaced" now so that's cool.  As long as it's quiet.

How long is this supposed to take anyway?  Can I be done now?

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... .Just kidding.

I know it takes as long as it takes.

Okay how 'bout now?

Peace, UFH
LivingWell

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »

I'm down to 10.  Last August I was 18.  Since last August I started on anti-depressants.  Wonder if I should stop the anti-depressants? 
elphaba
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced (thankfully) and NC with EX - single and probably staying that way for a while

No good deed goes unpunished....

« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

last time I did this was late last summer... .score was 20

Did it again today, just out of curiosity and got a 6.

it does get better folks! Smiling (click to insert in post)

Sable

Relationship status: Separated - three years.

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »

Almost three years out - scored a 26. 

My 19 year old son has been living with ex so I don't have much contact anymore.  When we do it's usually negative.  Him and I had a major blowout last week.  He's out of control and off the rails.  No drugs or anything like that - major anger issues, especially toward me.  Pretty depressing stuff.  It'll improve, but I think it'll be a long time before I see my son again.  Makes me very sad.
Gravityworks

Relationship status: No Contact - a little over a year and a half

« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

And what about bitterness? That seems to be one of the strongest emotions that I am experiencing. However the survey is a good wake-up call. I have been reordering my life so I can afford to resume therapy. Looks like it is a good idea as I scored a 48. Do I win a prize?

I am about 3.5 months out. My little girl's birthday is a week away - I miss her.
ellefun2

Relationship status: separated August 2008, divorce final August 7, 2009

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2009, 04:11:37 PM »

I hadn't taken this test in a while and just wanted to see where I was compared to the last time.  I was a 10 today, considered unhappy but not depressed, was a 16 the last time which is mildly depressed.  I don't consider myself unhappy right now, not compared to how I felt before, but I guess it is all relative.   Being cool (click to insert in post)  In addition to this improvement, I have noticed my moods are much more stable now.  I used to go up and down a lot more, but am thankfully having a lot less of that.  It's a slow and steady road, and very much worth it.   
Desert

« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »

67.  I asked for some support on L6.  So far, none.
JoannaK
DSA Recipient
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married to long-term 9-year partner (also a non)

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2009, 07:29:19 PM »

Wow... .all of this job and money stuff has taken a toll on me... .I scored in the 30's this time... .last year 18-20.  I last took this test a month before our big flood. 

Matt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced.

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »

28 - the lowest in a long time.

waybird

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2009, 08:10:41 PM »

I scored a 40 a month or so ago.  I retook the test and scored a 12.  Wow.  That's pretty darn good.  I have to echo Elphaba... .it gets better.  Absolutely.   Smiling (click to insert in post)
michellehr

« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »

I scored 39--usually I'm not a depressive person.  I often think of myself as an overly peppy person.  But I guess with the effects of a divorce of which I'm about 4 months into--this is what I get and it is what it is.  I'm trying to embrace the process.  The good thing I'm finding out of this grief I have a lot of artistic ideas flowing (see the happy, glass half full person is shining through).  I realize sadness and depression is part of the grieving process of the end of a marriage, but I look forward to posting 6 months to a year from now and seeing my score decrease. 
Bair

« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »

Hmmm... .35. I just came back to look up the term gas lighting because my w had been using the term lately.  I got distracted and started reading some posts.  I decided to take the survey.  Funny thing is, I was thinking I was feeling pretty good.  Last time I took it, I think I scored a 20. 

I think I am feeling better now than back then.  So the question is, am I more depressed or more honest?

The tough one is always the one about killing myself.  I thought about it just last week.  Not that I want to hurt myself, but I always have a plan.  Several plans actually.  Even though I think about it, my situation doesn't justify that option.  So I never go down that path.  I can't help it but I do consider it from time to time when I think things are crappy. 

I said never, but I should say not since that time 30+ years ago.  The round was defective and didn't fire.  In the instant between the pressure release on the trigger and the click of the firing pin striking the -I realized I had made a mistake.  Things weren't really that bad.  They weren't that bad then and never have been or are likely to be.  But I will consider it and work out a plan from time to tine.  The plan usualy will vary  depending on opportunities and how big or little of a mess I'd like to make.  I almost always lie about thoughts of killing myself.  But it is always an option. 

Not sure why I bring it up now.  Likely it is because of the survey and there was a movie on the TV where a person offed them self.
Finding_Myself_again

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2009, 01:50:15 AM »

I scored 17 and am very happy about it.  A few monts ago when I was deeply in the fog I did a similar test and the result said I was severely depressed so I'm doing well here.

I must say I did take a big distance.  Still am around for my BPD friend if he wants to talk to me but I let him deal with his own problems and although he still tries to project everything onto me, I'm no longer allowing him.  I can clearly make the difference now on what belongs to me and what belongs to him and when he starts acting out I just leave and tell him to call me when he can treat me with more respect.  And... .it actually works.

FMA
PCker

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Committed relationship, living together

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2009, 03:42:04 AM »

I got a 9 which I think might relate to having found this board and seeing that I'm better off than many, plus we are in a pretty good place right now, long may it last!  One day at a time... .

PCker
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 21  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition